Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 vs S vs X size comparison

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
modle3SX.jpg
I have not seen the attached comparison before ... really shows the size difference.

I don't think that was even made using a real photo/rendering of the model 3. It looks more like someone took a picture of the S and X, combined various elements from each and then squished some things around. This graphic was probably made years ago before the model 3 reveal.

Reactions: Mick_Molloy
I don't think you're allowed to edit posts until you reach a certain minimum. I think it's to stop spammers.

BTW I have seen many Model 3s, I've even parked my S next to them. Last summer I came across a car carrier in our town loaded with several Teslas and took some pictures. There was one Model 3 on board, here it is next to an X.
Model3AndX.jpg
. The car is about the size of a Ford Mondeo/Fusion. Definitely smaller than the S, but not by that much.

• Informative
Reactions: Mick_Molloy
It may be because that picture is very old (shortly after the Model 3 launch) and that particular test build did not have any tint on it (for whatever reason).
Exactly. That was one of the prototypes from the 2016 Model 3 launch. Probably not tinted so that it would be easier for people to see into the car (e.g., photo ops) and appreciate that it's an all-glass roof.