Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 waiters in California - please post here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fresno, Fremont pickup. Ordered 10/13 early AM, RN 54645.
Blue/black M3P w/o FSD. Havent heard anything nor have I contacted them. Build shows new wheels in account and app but I do not have the credit ($1000). Not worried, they will get what my original price sheet shows. Cant wait, got work to do on it.

Order 10/11 SR+ white/black. No FSD. Aero.
Los Angeles, picking up in Marina Del Rey.
No VIN.
Sold my car as well.
Yes ...
Order 10/11 SR+ white/black. No FSD. Aero.
Los Angeles, picking up in Marina Del Rey.
No VIN.
Sold my car as well.

Yeah. I don't really know what I was thinking when I got rid of my car! I must have been delusional! In fact I was delusional.:eek::eek::eek:

Maybe I can find a long term rental .. 4-6 weeks on the optimistic side? Anyone know what is the best way to do that? I don't care if it costs me a bit. I deserve it! It really makes this waiting game a whole lot harder.:p

Yes ...

Yeah. I don't really know what I was thinking when I got rid of my car! I must have been delusional!

Maybe I can find a long term rental .. 4-6 weeks on the optimistic side? Anyone know what is the best way to do that? I don't care if it costs me a bit. I deserve it! It really makes this waiting game a whole lot harder.

Check out the app Turo. They have decent cars that can be fairly inexpensive in comparison to big branded rental car agencies.

My only concern is that I have a liability umbrella that MUST be tied into the whole thing. Other than that, I never knew that Turo did long-terms stuff.

Ah gotcha. Yeah, there is that. It's an option! There were vehicles on there that were like $20 a day in my area. There is a filter to choose long term too I believe.

I rented my first Tesla Model X on Turo which led me to buy my Model X and now P3D lol.

Ah gotcha. Yeah, there is that. It's an option! There were vehicles on there that were like $20 a day in my area. There is a filter to choose long term too I believe.

I rented my first Tesla Model X on Turo which led me to buy my Model X and now P3D lol.

OK ... good idea. I’ll call my insurance agent on Monday and figure out the details. Without TMI, the liability issue is annoying, but there are people salivating to sue someone if they run over a curb and dent their garbage can.

From the posts here, I definitely don’t see much in the way of California delivery activity. I hope more chime in and round out the picture. I must be really losing my marbles if I got rid of my car. It was temporary anyway ...

Inter-West coast logistics are also affected. I placed an order on an inventory vehicle in San Francisco to be delivered in Burbank. I was just informed by my delivery advisor that delivery is delayed since there’s not enough vehicles to get on the truck that will be heading south. This makes sense since limited model 3’s are planned for the west since the focus is more East. Hoping that some model s/x orders from SoCal make it on the truck so that my order gets delivered sooner than later.

Typically VINs get assigned to east coast orders first because they take a full week to get to the east coast. But the actual delivery dates are usually pretty comparable between east and west coast because although the VINs on the west coast get assigned after east coast, they only take a day to deliver them.

• Informative
Reactions: puppers
Well, so far what I can conclude so far is that no one in California has received any definite information, and that everyone (regardless of order date) has been given a vague inventory date that always puts delivery by the end of Q4.

I guess we are all totally in the dark.

The new people posting here are helping a lot.

Has anyone heard anything encouraging from Tesla? I don’t even know if the few SAs that give information are telling the truth or know what they are talking about.