Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 waiters in California - please post here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
then you risk missing the $1875 federal?
Why would i miss the 1875 federal? All i'm doing is taking off FSD, still taking delivery of it ( i dont think modifying my order to take off FSD is going to delay anything..) The whole point is to fall under 60k to qualify for the 2000 cause we know we arent getting our cars till late december.

So I live in LA County. Called Burbank and Marina Del Rey Delivery Centers and both reps responses seem to match the theories that go on in these forums as far as CA goes. They told me looks like cars are being sent out to Europe and other parts of the US etc etc and at this moment and that I can expect (sounded very positive and very firm) delivery mid December. I was then transferred to a manager of a store who also backed the December delivery and that there are no cars for them to sell. Per manager: He received something from the factory or somewhere up in the chain that "they're releasing cars that will be available for sale within the next couple days or next week." This might be their inventory cars but who knows, I've had nothing but uncertainty for the past 3 weeks.

Hope that helps some of you out lol.

• Informative
Reactions: skydreamerjae
I ordered a LR/AWD on 10/8. No VIN, nothing. Just chatted online with Tesla. They checked my order number and said the delivery estimate is currently 5 - 8 weeks. I asked for clarification whether than is 5 - 8 weeks from today or from date of order, and was told it's from date or order. If true, that would suggest delivery late Nov/early Dec. I'll believe it when I've received a VIN, but hey - I'll take whatever encouragement I can!

• Informative
Reactions: skydreamerjae
I ordered a LR/AWD on 10/8. No VIN, nothing. Just chatted online with Tesla. They checked my order number and said the delivery estimate is currently 5 - 8 weeks. I asked for clarification whether than is 5 - 8 weeks from today or from date of order, and was told it's from date or order. If true, that would suggest delivery late Nov/early Dec. I'll believe it when I've received a VIN, but hey - I'll take whatever encouragement I can!

I got my fingers crossed for you buddy. It's coming this month for sure.

These delivery/sales reps just talk and talk and talk. Tesla needs to give us clarity here - and not some random words out of some delivery rep’s mouth.

I decided today that I’ll give it 2-3 weeks more. If no Vin, etc - then I may give up. Sometimes things just don’t happen the way you want them to. I ordered on 10-11. 2-3 weeks puts it right after Thanksgiving.

I couldn’t be the only one who is getting disillusioned. I realize that I haven't had an outlet put in the garage because I don’t believe it will happen.

I decided today that I’ll give it 2-3 weeks more. If no Vin, etc - then I may give up. Sometimes things just don’t happen the way you want them to. I ordered on 10-11. 2-3 weeks puts it right after Thanksgiving.

I couldn’t be the only one who is getting disillusioned. I realize that I haven't had an outlet put in the garage because I don’t believe it will happen.

Don't get discouraged! You'll probably hear something in 2 weeks or so which would be on par for a early Dec delivery. My SA just left my a voicemail today and claimed it will be early Dec for my order and I ordered 3 days after you!

Dude why you giving up? Eventually you'll get your car & will regret canceling it when you see them on the road. If it makes you feel better, I placed my order on Oct. 1st & still no VIN. A week after I placed my order I hired an electrician to installed my 240v 50amp outlet for the nema 14-50. Just be patient.

Well I wouldn't say it is a question of "if" but "when"? And the new problem is if it is after 12/3/19 then any car costing over $60k will no longer get the California $2500 rebate. And those under $60k the rebate goes down to $2000.

This might be more appropriate here than the LR AWD waiting room since technically I got tired of waiting and picked up a performance that was listed on tezz.la today.

Long story short I’m worse than a kid on Christmas and didn’t want to wait anymore. I stared the day waiting for LR AWD Black/Black 18” wheels then reserved the Black/ Black Performance on Tezz.la in Portland only to find out car was Vancouver still and wouldn’t be in Portland for 10-15 days but at the time I called Portland had white/black stealth model 3 that they didn’t enter into inventory yet on location and bam that’s what I ultimately went with.

exciting day and this is the only place with people who care enough about this car to share with. Everyone else thinks I’m just nuts and need to relax and wait haha