Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 waiters in California - please post here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so i got an email from [email protected] and from a person who seems to work for tesla with an email "personname"@tesla.com. they wanted payoff information on the trade in. they said it was with Ford Bank and due to privacy rules they can't get the info they need so i was asked to email them the following

1) Payoff Balance
2) Per Diem
3) Payoff Due Date

also, came as SMS message. email also contains my full name.

well, the problems are, i don't have a ford to trade in, nor do i have a ford bank account. i contacted buena park and was surprised to get someone from the delivery team. i gave them my order # and they confirmed that the system already has what is required. he says it may have been sent as an error. with all the breaches and identity theft, i'm always skeptical about these errors.

i double checked the email domains and copied and pasted to a browser to ensure it wasn't like t3sla.com, tesIa.com (capital i) and they all seem to go to the correct domain. so i responded and said that i contacted my dealership and verified that all the information they have is up to date and that i don't have a ford bank account and no other details. so has anyone gotten an email from that address [email protected]? or something like this?

also, i asked the delivery team person and still no vin and he doubts i'll get my car by the december 3 rebate change. oh well.

update:

the person responded and said it was an error and told me the bank my trade in was financed from. i called buena park again, and now the system contains the email they sent and they verified it was a legit inquiry. the information has expired and they needed an updated info on my trade in. buena park has cars that have arrived for delivery, sadly none of them have my name on it. hopefully, it's one of yours.

i have been contemplating hard on upgrading to 19" wheels but worried it may increase my wait time. i'll just stick to aero 18s.

Last edited:
Just ordered a Model 3 LR on 11/29. Supposed be delivered at Dublin, CA SC before end of year. Not sure that is possible, but we will see. We are going to run the BMW 335 we are replacing by CarMax soon. This will be our second Tesla (have Model X) and will be an all EV family. Also, have order in of Tesla Roof V3 and TeslaWall. Maybe I should buy the stock?

Since I received the

“Update on your delivery timing: We expect your Model 3 to exit the factory and arrive at your delivery center between 11/23 and 12/1. Please look out for further communication when it is time to schedule your delivery appointment.”
I haven’t received or heard of anything. Tomorrow is 12/1 and I’m getting to point where I might just call it quits. I’ve been patient since I ordered almost 7.5 - 8 weeks ago and I’m getting to a point like wtf. I know delivery may just be “around the corner” and I know I’m sure most of some you probably the feel the same way.

First Tesla? If so, waits are pretty common. They build cars in batches based on delivery targets. I ordered my Model X in late Feb 2018, pickup late May. Tesla was radio silent from order time until 5 weeks before delivery.

However, the delay turned out better. Tesla introduced MCU 3 in mid March 2018. This enabled a much faster UI (64 vs. 32 bit processor) and supports V10 features like Netflix, games, etc. They also killed the original interior color combination, but I like the new color combination better. All in all, l am glad it took a while.

First Tesla? If so, waits are pretty common. They build cars in batches based on delivery targets. I ordered my Model X in late Feb 2018, pickup late May. Tesla was radio silent from order time until 5 weeks before delivery.

However, the delay turned out better. Tesla introduced MCU 3 in mid March 2018. This enabled a much faster UI (64 vs. 32 bit processor) and supports V10 features like Netflix, games, etc. They also killed the original interior color combination, but I like the new color combination better. All in all, l am glad it took a while.

Yep! The first Tesla. Sold my focus ST for it lol. I’m thankful because off the later software and hardware. The biggest thing that upsets me is that I should’ve pulled the trigger to order at least a week sooner. There was a ton of inventory late September to early October ready for delivery but at the time, I was in the process of still getting the funds from my ST. Finally, when I ordered it, the wait time was 2-3 weeks and I was fine with it. Since then, I searched the forums, learned more in the waiting process and now we’re here in December.

Yep! The first Tesla. Sold my focus ST for it lol. I’m thankful because off the later software and hardware. The biggest thing that upsets me is that I should’ve pulled the trigger to order at least a week sooner. There was a ton of inventory late September to early October ready for delivery but at the time, I was in the process of still getting the funds from my ST. Finally, when I ordered it, the wait time was 2-3 weeks and I was fine with it. Since then, I searched the forums, learned more in the waiting process and now we’re here in December.

Based on the other posts it looks like some people are finally getting VINs and delivery dates. I hope your is soon.

And trust me, once you get the car and push that pedal down all of the waiting issues will be forgotten!

i'm to the point where i would take a stealth or performance package just so i can get in my car sooner haha. i chatted with someone on the website and they had someone from HQ call me about my inquiry.

so the sleeper/stealth only comes in black exterior and interior combo only. i wasn't aware of that. i really want the white interior so i'd rather continue my wait. as of right now, she found one in escondido, so if anyone is interested, see if you can get it for today to meet that $2500 california rebate deadline.

i ended up upgrading my configuration and got the 19" wheels instead of the 18" aero. the SA says since i don't have a vin # yet, it wouldn't affect the length of my wait. i also considered just going all out and get the performance package but because of the deadline today, the price of the car and my configuration will push it to $63K which will make it ineligible for the new california rebate changes. i don't "need" the performance that bad. i drive a lot and would eat those tires up quickly. hope the 19" isn't too bad with tread wear compared to the aero. but i do like how they look.

also, she told me that they do consider car max trade in prices but has to be within that 7 day thing. so if you have a trade in, check with car max first and time it to your delivery date.

the wait continues...

so the sleeper/stealth only comes in black exterior and interior combo only
I'm taking delivery on my stealth tomorrow in Burbank and it's Silver/Black. Not sure why they told you it's only available in black/black.

Btw, there are a lot of stealth models in SoCal right now. I have been waiting on a Performance since 10/9 and my SA called me over the weekend to tell me he could get me into a stealth immediately and so I jumped on it. He said he could find me just about any configuration, but that I might have to pickup from Marina Del Rey.

Reactions: w1n78
I'm taking delivery on my stealth tomorrow in Burbank and it's Silver/Black. Not sure why they told you it's only available in black/black.

Btw, there are a lot of stealth models in SoCal right now. I have been waiting on a Performance since 10/9 and my SA called me over the weekend to tell me he could get me into a stealth immediately and so I jumped on it. He said he could find me just about any configuration, but that I might have to pickup from Marina Del Rey.

well, that’s interesting. Glad I shared what I was told. Could you pm me your SA info? Maybe he can get me something with my config.

I don't think this is accurate. It's based off of the base price, IIRC, which is ~58k. I'm over $60k by a couple hundred dollars, but still qualify.

So I can still get the California rebate even after December 3 and get the performance?