Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 wheel options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i would like the black Model 3 with the cheapest wheels available, so I can place my own wheels and tires. I want my M3 to be different therefore I will go with the 19 inch Vossen CV5 graphite, they are super lightweight and look good :cool:. They will look awesome with the ultr-white interior (if it is an option) :D

View attachment 236752

I couldn't have said it better myself

Without the cover :cool:

The wheels don't look too bad. Just clean them, give them a good coat of Argent Silver wheel paint, and you have reasonable looking wheels for a whole lot less than the $1500 upgrade.

Or maybe a better looking set of aftermarket wheel covers can snap on in place of the fugly Aero's? This is an opportunity for some aftermarket supplier to save us from the Aero covers!

Reactions: T-Will
Maybe like this? :
Tesla-Model-3-leak-cover-MAIN.jpg

Although some people are claiming it is a solid wheel, not a cover. My guess is a cover on those though.

Maybe like this? :
Tesla-Model-3-leak-cover-MAIN.jpg
white-tesla-model-3-aero-wheels-2.jpg

Although some people are claiming it is a solid wheel, not a cover. My guess is a cover on those though.

No, ugh! I thought the glossy part of the Aero wheel were the actual metal spokes and the matte was the black plastic cover. Those are definitely worse that the Aero covers. Guess I would keep them on as I am not going to spend $1500 on upgraded wheels, especially when they come with thinner tires. I already had to repair the wheels on my Volvo with the fancy thin wheels as I drove thru all the potholes here in California after that crazy winter we had (did you hear?).

I would bring rims with me to pick up the car, give them their rims back, but then the graphic on the dash of the car would be wrong.

-Randy

• Funny
Reactions: CTreast
No, ugh! I thought the glossy part of the Aero wheel were the actual metal spokes and the matte was the black plastic cover. Those are definitely worse that the Aero covers. Guess I would keep them on as I am not going to spend $1500 on wheels, especially if they come with thinner tires. I already had to repair the wheels on my Volvo with the fancy thin wheels as I drove thru all the potholes here in California after that crazy winter we had (did you hear?).

I would bring rims with me to pick up the car, give them their rims back, but then the graphic on the dash of the car would be wrong.

-Randy
This is what most people assume (and are probably right) but I haven't seen anyone actually perform this action yet.

Is this for the MS (it is) or the M3? Do we know they share a bolt pattern? Do people put oversized tires on Tesla like they do on other cars?

-Randy
They are the same.

Oversized tires are NOT recommended because it will throw off the calculations in the computer software and most likely void your warranty. The wheel O.D. MUST remain the same regardless of rim diameter. That is why the 19" sport wheels have a tire with less sidewall than the 18" standard rims. Less sidewall results in higher tire cost, increased wear, less longevity, and rougher ride in many situations.

• Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett