Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 wheel studs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it really…I haven’t even looked into that yet because I didn’t want to have to deal with breaking loose the axle nut and taking off literally everything up front. Maybe that’s a route I go.
Yeah, neighbor wrecked a front hub and I helped him replace. It was like $105 for the hub and all the one time use hardware, and it was an easy, quick job to replace, even on an AWD car. Admittedly the rear could be different if that's your situation.

Yeah, neighbor wrecked a front hub and I helped him replace. It was like $105 for the hub and all the one time use hardware, and it was an easy, quick job to replace, even on an AWD car. Admittedly the rear could be different if that's your situation.
Rear is the basically the same as the front. Slightly less room to work with the various arms in the way.

It is easier to replace the bearing than replacing studs, IMO. I had to transfer my ARP studs to a new bearing, that sucked.

• Informative
Reactions: gearchruncher
Ended up buying two studs from TI-64. I took apart the other front side and it’s pretty simple. Take rotor off, take off the rotor plate protector, and it looks like you can tap the studs out, and replace with plenty of room.
Yeah, factory stud length is no problem, but anyone looking at extended studs may have to partially pull the bearing in order to have enough room to slide them in. Depends on the length.

Reactions: canasion35
Yeah, factory stud length is no problem, but anyone looking at extended studs may have to partially pull the bearing in order to have enough room to slide them in. Depends on the length.
This is important - we specifically designed the MPP/MSI studs to make sure that you didn't need to muck around to slide the new studs in. They fit - just barely!

Reactions: Firehuntah and Mash