Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 will be at DC showroom on Friday, 1/26/18

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received an email from Tesla:

Starting January 26, Model 3 will be on display at Tesla CityCenterDC.

As you prepare for ownership, you can sit inside Model 3 and experience the expansive glass roof, premium interior and 15‑inch touchscreen display. Tesla product experts will be available in store to answer any questions you have on your upcoming order and discuss how our energy products can power your home and charge your car. You’ll also have the opportunity to hear about the latest Tesla updates, including our Dual Motor All‑Wheel Drive system, now standard for Model S and Model X.

I'm at NoVa, try to take a drive to DC Saturday

Just went there and got a chance to see it and sit in it. Definitely solidified that I need to get this car ASAP.

330efeb5-6edb-4c47-9110-0b0890cdf04a.jpg
ac93edd7-655a-4781-8b37-21d79f6c2d7f.jpg
998bcda1-0189-46c7-938c-194a3f15e096.jpg

Reactions: Big Earl
We ended up stopping by the D.C. Tesla store after the auto show on Saturday. The line for the Model 3 was just over an hour long and people were limited to about three minutes with the car. 3 minutes felt really long while we were waiting in line, and very short when we were in the car.

We ended up stopping by the D.C. Tesla store after the auto show on Saturday. The line for the Model 3 was just over an hour long and people were limited to about three minutes with the car. 3 minutes felt really long while we were waiting in line, and very short when we were in the car.

yeah, i did the same on sunday. I think the line may have been even longer - felt like a good hour and a half. And they only gave me 2 minutes in the car. It felt REALLY short.

I had the day off yesterday and took a spin into town to the DC showroom. It was pretty empty around 1pm and we got plenty of time with the Model 3, which was great.

Some takeaways for me...
  • The front seats were very comfortable.
  • Screen and controls placement were good.
  • I didn't particularly care for the steering wheel materials, but the shape and range of adjustments were excellent.
  • Being familiar with Teslas, I found the UI to be very good, extremely fast and very responsive.
  • Visibility all around was excellent.
  • Rear seat comfort wasn't great. Seat cushion too low compared to the floor, which isn't new information. I wouldn't want to be in the back seat for more than a couple of hours.
  • Overall build quality was very good with no glaring panel gap or exterior trim issues.
  • I didn't care for the headliner material. Its light color will show dirt and it feels a little scratchy when you touch it. While it's a similar material to most other production cars, Tesla set an interior materials standard with the S & X that this doesn't really live up to, in my opinion. C'est la vie - it certainly isn't a deal breaker.
  • The multi-coat red is sharp although I have noticed that the front bumper paint doesn't seem to match the hood paint exactly. I've noticed this on Model S, as well. Again, not a deal breaker and it could just be my eyes (although I doubt it).