Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Window Tints

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to dredge up an older thread, but @Radders, @JAR897 and @Cyclone1 how have you all found life living with the tinted rear section at night? The rear mirror heavily auto-dims and I don't think you can turn this off... so I imagine night rear visibility could be a little impaired? I want to get it done, as I think it finishes the car from the outside, but equally I like being able to see more than just headlights and streetlights out the back at night. Thanks in advance.

Sorry to dredge up an older thread, but @Radders, @JAR897 and @Cyclone1 how have you all found life living with the tinted rear section at night? The rear mirror heavily auto-dims and I don't think you can turn this off... so I imagine night rear visibility could be a little impaired? I want to get it done, as I think it finishes the car from the outside, but equally I like being able to see more than just headlights and streetlights out the back at night. Thanks in advance.
I had my rear side windows tinted by Autoshine Telford along with PPF. They advised against having the rear window tinted for the reason you outline. Brilliant company highly recommended. AutoShine and Tinting Ltd

Can you post some pics please
Yes of course, I’ll try get better shots later. Tint is 20%.

B13A4358-0170-4E9F-A119-893E1926B5E6.jpeg

8E127CDD-F0E3-4984-9384-146E6AE23133.jpeg

Looks great.. Had mine tinted to but not the rear roof glass. Can I ask how dark does it look driving at night and what % you used for the rear it looks via the pic 5% but assuming its 20% to match the rear windows too.
Thanks, yep, it’s 20% all round. Looks darker because the parcel shelf is black. The white seats make the passenger tints look lighter.

I find it fine at night, from the inside, it’s considerably lighter than the stock tint on the roof. Feels like a light smoke relative to how it was before the tint

Thanks, yep, it’s 20% all round. Looks darker because the parcel shelf is black. The white seats make the passenger tints look lighter.

I find it fine at night, from the inside, it’s considerably lighter than the stock tint on the roof. Feels like a light smoke relative to how it was before the tint
I can see you are in London do you mind letting me know who you used

Just waiting for a call to say mines done. I’ve got the back window done all in one and all 4 windows. The tint is 20% all around the car apart from the front windows which at 50%

Reactions: TheFuturist
I can see you are in London do you mind letting me know who you used

They do the rear in one piece which is great.

Reactions: OddJob83
Just had mine done yesterday front,back,and rear section all in 20% apart from the front which is at 50%

Attachments

• 46D04E8D-88CB-4969-9A4D-ADB7F1E35A97.jpeg
    46D04E8D-88CB-4969-9A4D-ADB7F1E35A97.jpeg
    738.8 KB · Views: 208
  • C2C277A8-2277-4B63-A271-01C3F258E9CA.jpeg
    C2C277A8-2277-4B63-A271-01C3F258E9CA.jpeg
    880.4 KB · Views: 196
  • D90D26F0-175B-4E6B-8A24-2DC4C9A68C17.jpeg
    D90D26F0-175B-4E6B-8A24-2DC4C9A68C17.jpeg
    767.5 KB · Views: 203
Reactions: Nick77
I used LA Modz in Smethwick for my window tints (2021 M3 so no need for chrome delete) as someone recommended them on a Facebook group, they were admittedly cheap (£260 for whole rear of car) but I would urge you to avoid them. Although they did the whole rear window in one piece, they managed to trap several small inclusions in the tint, including a really obvious thick short hair in the rear roof window. There is a small section in the corner of the rear roof window where the tint has got some bubbles/isn't stuck properly. They damaged/scuffed up the headliner where it touches the glass with their scraper tools and worst of left water marks and grubby finger prints all over the headliner in the rear of the car, as well as on the rear door trims. Their workshop is so dark I couldn't spot any of these issues until I got the car home (should have rung alarm bells in itself in hindsight!) and they weren't interested at all in trying to resolve any of the issues once they had my cash. Had to pay my detailer £50 to spend two hours carefully getting all the water marks and grubby fingerprints out of the headliner. I honestly wish I'd gone to PP Protect just outside Birmingham instead who have loads of positive feedback from users on here. I even cancelled an appointment I'd already made with them for LA Modz. They're more expensive (£390 I was quoted) but that's because I believe they will they remove the headliner and door trims before doing the tints for all the above reasons... Let me be a lesson to you...

I had my rear side windows tinted by Autoshine Telford along with PPF. They advised against having the rear window tinted for the reason you outline. Brilliant company highly recommended. AutoShine and Tinting Ltd
Just had mine done with this company after seeing your post.
Top quality job, friendly and knowledgeable team. Can’t recommend them enough.
Car looks great with 20% on the rear windows :)