Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Windows Tints

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i ended up getting XPEL Prime XR 30% front drive/passenger and 15% rear seats and single sheet on the back - absolutely no issues with night driving

$550 cash

i have black on black and the slight contrast is fine - didnt wanna mess with getting a ticket for the front two doors

single sheet on the rear is essential! you do not want that defiant line from 2 pieces

also find a place that knows wtf they are doing - tesla roofs are notorious for cracking when inexperienced people try to tint them

just got back from palm springs where it was well over 110 all weekend - parked outside because the resort had free tesla chargers on the side of the convention building there and my car was nice a warm when i got inside - not hot at all
Where did you go for $550? Looking at doing exactly the same. Thanks!

I just had my M3LR done today……all windows tinted. 20% all around except 70% on windshield and roof. XPEL Prime XR+
Took about 4 hours. This was in NJ where they have the #1 tinter for XPEL on staff. Pics when it dries. The drive home wasn’t fun, could barely see out the front…lol.

The cost was obscene!

I just had my M3LR done today……all windows tinted. 20% all around except 70% on windshield and roof. XPEL Prime XR+
Took about 4 hours. This was in NJ where they have the #1 tinter for XPEL on staff. Pics when it dries. The drive home wasn’t fun, could barely see out the front…lol.

The cost was obscene!
do you have pics? where in NJ did you do? really wanted to go 30% xpel and 70% windshield, but don't want it to make it so dark where police can pull over lol. Espcially in NJ

do you have pics? where in NJ did you do? really wanted to go 30% xpel and 70% windshield, but don't want it to make it so dark where police can pull over lol. Espcially in NJ

It’s not dry yet, so I haven’t cleaned the windows. I’ll take pics in the next couple of days. I went to Dynamic Tint in Williamstown. Seeing as you can’t have ANY tint on front windows in NJ, you might as well get what you like. The ticket is the same whether it’s 70% or 5%. You can’t swing a dead cat at a Tesla Supercharger with all the 5% tints, and the no front license plates. If I were a cop I’d be making the municipality a fortune writing those tickets. Lol…

It’s not dry yet, so I haven’t cleaned the windows. I’ll take pics in the next couple of days. I went to Dynamic Tint in Williamstown. Seeing as you can’t have ANY tint on front windows in NJ, you might as well get what you like. The ticket is the same whether it’s 70% or 5%. You can’t swing a dead cat at a Tesla Supercharger with all the 5% tints, and the no front license plates. If I were a cop I’d be making the municipality a fortune writing those tickets. Lol…

Im not american but i dont think a cop will mind a light tint in the usa from what i heard. I. E. Maybe 50% throughout and leave windshield untinted. Will protect from some eyefatigue in summer and not be too bad in winter.

Im not american but i dont think a cop will mind a light tint in the usa from what i heard. I. E. Maybe 50% throughout and leave windshield untinted. Will protect from some eyefatigue in summer and not be too bad in winter.
Depends where you live. If you live in a sleepy town where they’ve got nothing going on, they’ll stop you. DUI checkpoints are another PITA. The “good” news is you can only get that ticket once every 30 days.

Anyone ever looked into the photochromic window tint. Clear, or near clear at night but dark during the dark.

In my area I’ve always found tint, and pretty
much any level to be too dark at night. But during the day the car has been approaching 100 degrees in the sun while 68-72 outside.

Anyone ever looked into the photochromic window tint. Clear, or near clear at night but dark during the dark.

In my area I’ve always found tint, and pretty
much any level to be too dark at night. But during the day the car has been approaching 100 degrees in the sun while 68-72 outside.

good question. it still wouldnt be legal. one reason for i.e. it being illegal to have below 35% tint in Australia or no tint at all in europe is that cops cant see inside the car (during daytime)

70% should be basically clear, no? I had it done twice, as far as clarity/darkness it looked the same as no tint applied. My issue stemmed from a really bad installer - lots of haziness and scratches. I finally just had them remove it so I didn't have to deal with it. I loved the heat rejection though, it was amazing.

20% all the way around, 70% on windshield.

Attachments

• 89322512-0D81-4C57-A7D4-B120402E4433.jpeg
    89322512-0D81-4C57-A7D4-B120402E4433.jpeg
    608.4 KB · Views: 190
  • 3A36B9A5-CE07-42C1-A6A2-696DB963A17C.jpeg
    3A36B9A5-CE07-42C1-A6A2-696DB963A17C.jpeg
    544.8 KB · Views: 165
  • BF018376-7EB4-42D4-B3B3-3835D9BACF29.jpeg
    BF018376-7EB4-42D4-B3B3-3835D9BACF29.jpeg
    441 KB · Views: 162
  • FB424B0F-C6C6-40CD-B86F-3A094D03548F.jpeg
    FB424B0F-C6C6-40CD-B86F-3A094D03548F.jpeg
    346.2 KB · Views: 171
Any opinions on Formula One Stratos tint?

$650 for the sides and rear window. Much less than I was expecting to pay, so I figured I’d go with the top tier at this shop.

But if it’s a shitty product, I’ll continue to shop around (Orlando).

Any opinions on Formula One Stratos tint?

I have FormulaOne LLumar Stratos 30%. I absolutely love it. Like Florida, Oklahoma has no shortage of heat, sun, and humidity. I can drive 30o miles in direct sun with my arm on top of the door frame and I fee zero sun/UV heat.

See this post for the pic.

"I have FormulaOne LLumar Stratos 30% on all 4 doors and nothing on the windshield. I have always been concerned about night visibility and 30% works great. I've had no issues with it at night or the side dimming mirrors. $339.16 at a local pro tint shop"

I have FormulaOne LLumar Stratos 30%. I absolutely love it. Like Florida, Oklahoma has no shortage of heat, sun, and humidity. I can drive 30o miles in direct sun with my arm on top of the door frame and I fee zero sun/UV heat.

See this post for the pic.

"I have FormulaOne LLumar Stratos 30% on all 4 doors and nothing on the windshield. I have always been concerned about night visibility and 30% works great. I've had no issues with it at night or the side dimming mirrors. $339.16 at a local pro tint shop"
Thanks. Taking delivery next Wednesday, and have an appointment for tints the following Saturday. Now the debate is 30% all around to make it match, or 15% on the rears just cuz.