Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 2014 - active alerts just in service mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also have Service alert "EPAS_d076_KFC_DAS_TIMO" for my 2013 MS AP 0.

So, looking at post #6 of this thread, from this web site, if I don't have "Drivers Assistance System (DAS) hardware", I can ignore this error.

I am assuming that "Drivers Assistance System (DAS) hardware" is Auto Pilot, which I don't have.
Did anyone else have the same error in Service Mode?
Brian

I recently got this code on our non-AP 11/13 S85. Between this, the RCCM, and Aeroactive alert, I'm not sure when ones are legit and which might just be bugs. I'll run the latest FW update tonight and see what happens. I ran a thermal test in Service Mode and it shows a Shutter_Right_Radiator failure even though the right fan and louvers seem to function just fine. Seems like a quite a few folks have been getting this alerts over the last year.

Reactions: Chris Redfield
I recently got this code on our non-AP 11/13 S85. Between this, the RCCM, and Aeroactive alert, I'm not sure when ones are legit and which might just be bugs. I'll run the latest FW update tonight and see what happens. I ran a thermal test in Service Mode and it shows a Shutter_Right_Radiator failure even though the right fan and louvers seem to function just fine. Seems like a quite a few folks have been getting this alerts over the last year.
The Rad louvres are buried behind the centre radiator - those on the extreme front left and right of the car are the Cond ones, which sound like they have passed the test

Reactions: maximizese
The Rad louvres are buried behind the centre radiator - those on the extreme front left and right of the car are the Cond ones, which sound like they have passed the test
Thanks for the clarification. I assumed there were left, right, and main. My Shutter_Main was OK on the thermal test so I assumed the center was all good. I'll have to look underneath or remove my frunk liner again one day to see what's going on. I'll do the FW update first though.

So I updated to the latest FW and I'm still getting error codes in Service Mode:
EPAS_d076_KFC_DAS_TIMO - (Power Steering?)
THC_w0134_radRightShutrNoFeedbk - (Right louver?)
THe_d0018_activeAero (Center/main louvers?)

Interestingly enough I took my FLIR One camera and took some pictures while I was Supercharging my 11/13 built and nerfed S85 at an Urban stall...I hit and sustained 74kW from 21%-40% SOC. My SOC%+kW rate was between 105-114 which I've never seen before; I've gotten use to see something between 95-105. I only wished that I could have made it to an empty V2 or V3 Supercharger site, but that wasn't in the cards. Anyways, I took my FLIR One camera and took some pictures confirming that my right and left louvers and fans are working just fine.

Attachments

• 20230710T172117.JPG
    20230710T172117.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 236
  • 20230710T172135.JPG
    20230710T172135.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 176
Reactions: richrootes
So I updated to the latest FW and I'm still getting error codes in Service Mode:
EPAS_d076_KFC_DAS_TIMO - (Power Steering?)
THC_w0134_radRightShutrNoFeedbk - (Right louver?)
THe_d0018_activeAero (Center/main louvers?)

Interestingly enough I took my FLIR One camera and took some pictures while I was Supercharging my 11/13 built and nerfed S85 at an Urban stall...I hit and sustained 74kW from 21%-40% SOC. My SOC%+kW rate was between 105-114 which I've never seen before; I've gotten use to see something between 95-105. I only wished that I could have made it to an empty V2 or V3 Supercharger site, but that wasn't in the cards. Anyways, I took my FLIR One camera and took some pictures confirming that my right and left louvers and fans are working just fine.

I think some of these errors are false negatives for the older cars that probably have no sensors installed for the said components.

• Helpful
Reactions: Chris Redfield
I think some of these errors are false negatives for the older cars that probably have no sensors installed for the said components.
I sincerely hope that these are false negatives. I just ran into this service screen the other day & for the first time since owning my 2014 MS, my heart dropped from seeing all these faults.
Yeah, that's the assumption I'm making with the power steering (I don't have AP) and the shutters. I'd love to see a patch remove these alerts, but I'm glad to see faster (for me) Supercharging sessions.
I agree. I wish there was a way to omit these alerts for our oldies, but I guess that's why we can't see them outside of the Service Mode screen.
Still, seeing all of them is a bit unnerving for a Tesla n00b like me.

Attachments

• PXL_20230715_025115454.jpg
    PXL_20230715_025115454.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 239
I was getting weird errors and the mobile service tech saw that the main wiring harness was fraying under the frunk liner. Photo attached is the front passenger side inside crush pillar. Lots of wires run through there one of them being the side impact sensor...

Attachments

• IMG_2348.jpeg
    IMG_2348.jpeg
    497.3 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_2347.jpeg
    IMG_2347.jpeg
    518.4 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_2342.jpeg
    IMG_2342.jpeg
    444.5 KB · Views: 158
  • Informative
Reactions: Gtech
Thank god I found this thread. I got a low coolant temp warning today, 1st issue I've had since owning my 2014 MS. It prompted me to go into the service screen and I freaked out inside when I saw the huge list of faults. My louvers work just fine also. I'm going to pull the frunk to find where this coolant leak is coming from, but I'm relieved that's my only issue to deal with.

Thank god I found this thread. I got a low coolant temp warning today, 1st issue I've had since owning my 2014 MS. It prompted me to go into the service screen and I freaked out inside when I saw the huge list of faults. My louvers work just fine also. I'm going to pull the frunk to find where this coolant leak is coming from, but I'm relieved that's my only issue to deal with.
Low coolant temp warning? What other alerts popped up for you and how old is your 12V battery? A temp warning would either imply the battery is nearly the end of its useful life and causes various sensors and 12V system to act up, the actual sensor might be faulty, or you might have a coolant heater issue. Hope you find a resolution.

My fault. I meant low coolant warning....but there's more as of yesterday that has me a bit worried.

So in keeping with this thread all of the errors the OP spoke of are still present. Everything is working fine, louvers and all. I topped off the coolant a few weeks ago and stopped short of tearing the frunk apart to inspect for leaks. The coolant wasn't too awful low and I figured I'd give it some time to see how long it took to pop up again to ascertain how bad it was.

Yesterday I parked at the grocery store and got an alert on the screen "vehicle may not restart. service is required". The car restarted just fine and I made it the 3 or 4 blocks hone without incident. I plugged in my level 2 charger and it charged up to 90% just fine. I entered service mode and found new faults that scare me.

DI_w015_immobilizer
BMS_w142_sw_isolation_degradation
BMS_w035_sw_isolation
THC_d0007_valveRadByp

I've parked the car and scheduled a service appointment.....on 11/29. I'm afraid to drive it unless it's a run at the 30 miles to the Mesa, AZ SC.

I've used recurrent since I bought the car almost 2 years ago. My battery health, according to them, is sitting at a score of 83. I assumed that my HV battery was fine and it could make it to next year when I intend to buy a new Tesla. Researching those faults turned up nothing great. There's not much I can find on them, but the little I saw seemed catastrophic. I'm worried.

Low coolant temp warning? What other alerts popped up for you and how old is your 12V battery? A temp warning would either imply the battery is nearly the end of its useful life and causes various sensors and 12V system to act up, the actual sensor might be faulty, or you might have a coolant heater issue. Hope you find a resolution.
I'm unsure about the age of the 12 volt battery. I've had the car for 2 years now and I've not replaced it. I bought it from a dealer, found the previous owner by happenstance a few weeks after purchase and asked about everything except the 12 volt battery. I was under the impression that'd I'd receive an alert when it was time to replace it.

Could the 12 volt be causing my errors?

My fault. I meant low coolant warning....but there's more as of yesterday that has me a bit worried.

So in keeping with this thread all of the errors the OP spoke of are still present. Everything is working fine, louvers and all. I topped off the coolant a few weeks ago and stopped short of tearing the frunk apart to inspect for leaks. The coolant wasn't too awful low and I figured I'd give it some time to see how long it took to pop up again to ascertain how bad it was.

Yesterday I parked at the grocery store and got an alert on the screen "vehicle may not restart. service is required". The car restarted just fine and I made it the 3 or 4 blocks hone without incident. I plugged in my level 2 charger and it charged up to 90% just fine. I entered service mode and found new faults that scare me.

DI_w015_immobilizer
BMS_w142_sw_isolation_degradation
BMS_w035_sw_isolation
THC_d0007_valveRadByp

I've parked the car and scheduled a service appointment.....on 11/29. I'm afraid to drive it unless it's a run at the 30 miles to the Mesa, AZ SC.

I've used recurrent since I bought the car almost 2 years ago. My battery health, according to them, is sitting at a score of 83. I assumed that my HV battery was fine and it could make it to next year when I intend to buy a new Tesla. Researching those faults turned up nothing great. There's not much I can find on them, but the little I saw seemed catastrophic. I'm worried.

bms-isolation-degradation-v0-f1jp3riiyf7b1.jpg

142 and 035 means external HV isolation resistance is dropping, could be different HV components. Don't think it's the HV battery since that is internal. My best guess is driveunit, A/C compressor or battery heater

View attachment 990912

142 and 035 means external HV isolation resistance is dropping, could be different HV components. Don't think it's the HV battery since that is internal. My best guess is driveunit, A/C compressor or battery heater
Good guess!

Shortly after posting I got a message from the service representative. They say it's coolant in the drive unit and quoted me $7500 parts and labor. The kicker to me is that the drive unit was replaced under warranty about 2 to 2.5 yrs ago now. If I pay them the 8k then the same type of reman large drive unit they installed before, is going in again.....but this unit in the car isn't covered for that same 5 yrs. Putting 8k into this old girl is hard to wrap my brain around at the moment. Thank god I've kept the LS400 all this time.

Good guess!

Shortly after posting I got a message from the service representative. They say it's coolant in the drive unit and quoted me $7500 parts and labor. The kicker to me is that the drive unit was replaced under warranty about 2 to 2.5 yrs ago now. If I pay them the 8k then the same type of reman large drive unit they installed before, is going in again.....but this unit in the car isn't covered for that same 5 yrs. Putting 8k into this old girl is hard to wrap my brain around at the moment. Thank god I've kept the LS400 all this time.
Under warranty they usually place a reman but outside warranty it's most of the time a new one which should last longer then a reman.

Also there are rumors about a higher revision 'U'

I’m getting the messages attached and I’ve owned my 2013 since day one. I only use it about 100 miles a month since I keep it in our second home but are you finding that these errors are increasing your phantom drain. My car cannot stay asleep which is a problem for phantom drain.

Attachments

• IMG_0725.png
    IMG_0725.png
    942.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0731.png
    IMG_0731.png
    245.4 KB · Views: 47
I’m getting the messages attached and I’ve owned my 2013 since day one. I only use it about 100 miles a month since I keep it in our second home but are you finding that these errors are increasing your phantom drain. My car cannot stay asleep which is a problem for phantom drain.

How much do you lose per 24 hours due to phantom drain?

How old is your 12V battery?

Do you have MCU1 or the upgraded infotainment system (MCU2)?