Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S (2016) constantly turns down Bluetooth volume

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the 2020.4.1 update and mine is still cutting volume when streaming from the phone.

In an *attempt* to give myself the best odds, I unpaired the phone before the upgrade and paired again after - same problem as before. Much sadness.

UPDATE:
I'm on Android and downloaded the Volume Lock app. Works great. The Tesla audio system is still trying very hard, but the Volume Lock app wins the battle. lol

Aha! Thank you for the tip. I got "Volume Lock" app, hope thats the right one.

Re: after reboot of MCU- thats why I thought the car was fixed... it worked great then, but returned to bad form after a few uses.

UPDATE:
I'm on Android and downloaded the Volume Lock app. Works great. The Tesla audio system is still trying very hard, but the Volume Lock app wins the battle. lol

THANK YOU FUEXMO!

I tried the app you suggested and it mostly worked. If I had the volume high, it would still reduce about 20%, but it was not the normal 80% reduction. I was concerned though about other bluetooth items and possible impact, so I found another app that allowed a profile setting specific to each individual bluetooth item. I found one: "Bluetooth Volume Manager" by darken. You have to buy the pro version to lock the audio, but it works perfect and no ads (the other one had a ton unless you bought pro for more money than this one).

Regardless of the app, unless Tesla fixes their issue, a volume lock/manager is the key for Android!