TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model S 75 (RWD) leftovers now showing as 5.4 0-60 vs 4.3?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ky_soldier, Sep 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ky_soldier

ky_soldier Member

I have a base Model S 75 on order, picking up tomorrow (fingers crossed). The ones I see in inventory still that matched mine went from saying 4.3 0-60 last week to 5.4? Do you think this is a typo or did Tesla recork them since discontinuing them? I am guessing it is a site error, but here is one as an example. Last week this car was 4.3?

Model S 75 5YJSA1E19HF213992 | Tesla

2. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

Tesla keeps changing it. A few weeks ago everything said 4.4 or 4.2; now everything says 5.4 or 5.2.

3. ky_soldier

ky_soldier Member

So your guess is a site / display issue vs actually changing the car itself? Hoping so.

4. ericonline

ericonline eric7088

Same as you. I just received a similar inventory car, S75RWD late Aug build. The web site specs make no sense, especially for a car like the ones produced in August - well after they started producing cars with the "Improved Performance"/New Drive Unit. I haven't tested my car scientifically, but I can tell it's faster than my previous S70RWD. If your car is in the same batch as the one in the link you posted, it seems we got a free 72 amp charger upgrade and an alcantara headliner. Enjoy it.

5. ky_soldier

ky_soldier Member

I sought out that vehicle because of the high amp charger upgrade. I originally had a base one spec'ed out and switched to that car for that exact reason. Looks like it has the "new" rear seat as well. Would love to see pics of your interior. Alcantara is standard now as well.

PS - I am also Eric :)

6. ericonline

ericonline eric7088

Yeah, it has the new back seats. I didn't realize how new they were til you mentioned it. Can't enjoy them yet as we just placed two large carseats back there. How did you know the alcantara is now standard? I haven't seen any mention of that. I just check the product codes from the inventory cars, and most of them had the standard black headliner for the 75 cars. I'd send you a pic, but I don't have one handy and since your delivery is tomorrow I want you to be as surprised as possible.

7. ky_soldier

ky_soldier Member

UTAB is the option code for the dark alcantara headliner. Believe that is standard now.

8. Qbenjamin

Qbenjamin Ballin On A Budget

Definitely something I hate about my S, is having this light headliner. EVERYTHING shows on this.

9. ky_soldier

ky_soldier Member

Turns out the base one I ordered had UTPB, dark headliner. Not sure if that is alcantara or not? I think it is. I think both are option codes for dark alcantara headliner

10. whitex

whitex Active Member

We have 2 cars with light headliner, no problems with anything showing. What kind of acrobatics or other shenanigans are you performing in the car that you leave marks on the roof liner? ;)

11. arcus

arcus Member

Must be those pesky car mechanics changing the oil in the car, then touching everything inside the cabin :p

12. whitex

whitex Active Member

Tesla may have gotten tired of keeping track which car has or doesn't have the uncorking, so maybe since 75 is discontinued, they just show them all without uncorking and let it be a pleasant surprise to the buyer. They don't charge any money for that option, so it's not in their best interest to advertise it on an inventory car, especially if it can create issues if the car turns out to not be uncorked.

13. Qbenjamin

Honestly it isn't us, it's every time I take it to the car wash or any other place that someone gets in my car. They leave finger prints or smudges everywhere. Even had one younger guy bump his entire greasy head on the headliner. No matter how much they tried to clean it, only made it worse.

If I can find an instructional video, I'm planning to remove the entire headliner out and paint it charcoal grey. I've done this before, but those cars just had clips holding in the headliner.

14. whitex

whitex Active Member

Ah, we never have other people drive our cars, so maybe that's the secret of keeping it clean. Btw, the roof liner is mostly held on just clips. I partially removed it in both cars when running wires for the dashcam to the back and it was just clips - solid roof on both.

15. Qbenjamin

Feel like I'm derailing this thread...

Wish you wouldn't have told me the above information, I'm on vacation in a couple of weeks...May have to venture out and start un-popping clips. :D