TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S Accessories...

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Lyon, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

Okay, so most auto makers sell accessories for their vehicles. I'm not talking about the stuff that you can equip the car with but the other things like rubber floor mats and roof racks. I know that there's a post about roof racks 'round here somewhere but what are some of the other things that people would like to see?

I would like rubber floor mats. They're not all that classy but I live in Oregon and without them cars start to smell funky after a few winters of wet shoes. I also want some kind of trunk tray so that the dogs don't get mud all over everywhere.

I know that they sell mugs and things for the roadster, but what else do they need?

2. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

At least with the numbers Tesla is delivering there is a good chance of aftermarket. There are rubber mats for the Roadster, and many Lotus accessories fit as well.

3. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Yes, I always get rubberized mats. Don't look classy, but neither does mud on your carpet!

4. jcstp

jcstp Active Member

steel or textile grill to keep the dogs or luggage in the trunk! (in case of accident)

rubber floormat for frunk and trunk

luggage-suitcases that fit the frunk

bag for keeping your charger protected

TESLA door-sill stickers (as on the roadsters)
    TESLA sunshade sticker for the frontwindscreen

bicycle-rack

net for fixing luggage in frunk & trunk (car is so silent I guess you could else hear your luggage move)

special gloves that are usable with the touchscreen

110v outlet, so you can connect all kind of appliances to your car! (barbecue, laptop, lights, stereo, tv, ...)

(heated) blanket to get nice and warm for the passengers

5. Rifleman

Rifleman Now owns 2 Model S's!!!

#5 Rifleman, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
    I would love to see an inexpensive level 1 EVSE, completely separate from your primary charger. Essentially an extension cord with a Model S plug on one end. Something that you would feel comfortable using to tap into that 110v outlet on a lightpost in the middle of a parking lot, far out of sight. It needs to be cheap enough that it is not a huge loss if someone runs off with it, and separate from your primary charger, so that your car does not become a very expensive paperweight until you replace it if does get stolen. 5 miles per hour charge is NOT worth the risk of a $1000+ mobile charger.

I don't know if it is technically possible or not, but a "Tesla to Tesla" jump start cable would be a cool accessory. It would be cool to be able to transfer some juice from one model S to another, if one runs out of charge 10 miles from a power outlet. Us Tesla fans need to be able to look out for each other.

6. jcstp

jcstp Active Member

Indeed, these are intelligent accessories! and ones specifically handy for TESLA users!

7. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

A car cover, with a shield flap for the charger port.

8. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r Blue 85kwh since 12/8/12

This should come standard you'd think?

Awesome idea! But this would have to be done by Tesla themselves I would think? Quick, email them...

9. grisnjam

grisnjam P6316

I like this idea but I am pretty sure that Tesla as said that the charger cable will only release from the car if you have the key.

10. MitchL

MitchL S#945

... or apply excessive force.

I'd almost rather have the cable stolen than deal with damage caused by someone who's determined to take it no matter what.

/Mitch.

11. jkirkebo

jkirkebo Model S P85+ VIN 14420 EU

All cars that I know of come standard with rubber floor mats here in Norway. My Leaf certainly did. If you want textile mats over here you'll have to buy them separately.

I'd like a roof rack please. And even better, a hitch...

12. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Tesla's been pretty clear: roof racks, yes; hitch, no.

13. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

With all the touch screen devices out there, you can find several companies selling this. Look around -- probably cheaper than what an auto maker would likely charge for an accessory like this.

14. strider

strider Active Member

15. jcstp

jcstp Active Member

i know, but if tesla can provide them, following their own vision of luxury
    It's no reason because others provide it, Tesla shouldn't!

16. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

Absolutely have to do this. Mud and snow and ice....

17. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

I just put the rubberized mats from Sector 111 in my Roadster (thanks for the tip Eric)..they fit fine and work well...

18. roblab

roblab Active Member

There are several companies who will make car mats (wide variety of choices, colors) to your floor diagram, with a logo or something similar sewn in, for about $100 per set (fronts).

19. TsRocket

TsRocket Member

Has anyone bought this new black piano wood wheel? And did tesla install it for you? Or would they?Seattle SC said they had never seen it.

Attached Files: