Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Beta Test "Rides" and the Fremont, CA, Factory tour!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Math:

10% of reservation holders show up =500 people plus guests =1,000 people.
It's in the evening so let's say 4 hours =250 people riding every hour.
12 Beta's =21 people riding per car every hour.
3 people per ride (Tesla employees's driving!) =7 drives per hour
Therefore, rides will be 5-6 minutes long with a couple of minutes embark/disembark time.

That sound about right?

Therefore, rides will be 5-6 minutes long with a couple of minutes embark/disembark time.

That sound about right?
Well looking back at my vids, my Model S ride at the LA unveiling was about 3 minutes and the Menlo Park ride was about 60 seconds. Compared to that, 5 minutes would be a treat. Hopefully they'll have a car that's just parked so people can check out the interior, etc.

Well looking back at my vids, my Model S ride at the LA unveiling was about 3 minutes and the Menlo Park ride was about 60 seconds. Compared to that, 5 minutes would be a treat. Hopefully they'll have a car that's just parked so people can check out the interior, etc.

I made a lot of assumptions. Change the event to 3 hours and 10 cars and you're down to about a 3-4 minute ride.... Driving a Roadster every day, I trust Tesla on the driving experience and I'm more interested in the looks and functionality (that doesn't mean I'll give up my ride though!).

Clearly the reason we have to RSVP is so they have enough Betas and allot enough time for every person in attendance. They don't tell us the time because the start time will change based on how many people show up. If all 5,000 reservation holders RSVP with guests then the evening event will be magically transformed into an all day event.