Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Beta Test "Rides" and the Fremont, CA, Factory tour!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't make travel plans just yet!!!

Or two day event.

A fabulous prediction, I fear. Here's what I've heard:

A lot of people registered for the event - more than they expected and they even had to close down registration before the 48 hour window expired (anyone run into that?). They're now debating whether to make it a two day event.

My sources have been quite good in the past, but they are not the organizers of the event. Nevertheless, my advice is to NOT make your travel plans just yet. I'm speculating this will turn into an all weekend event, and that they'll stagger when people arrive. Over a thousand cars on Fwy 880 trying to get to Fremont at the same time would be a nightmare, plus then people would be waiting hours and hours for their ride in the Model S.

Even with 4 people (1 in front passenger seat, 3 in back seat) per 10 minute ride, and say 10 Betas to ride in, that's only 240 people per hour. I think we're looking at over 12 hours in that scenario - which also means they'll to charge the cars at least once.

So there it is: what if you threw a party and everybody came?

Well, I feel like a dunce, I declined the RSVP due to the event being in the evening and a scheduling conflict prevents me from being in two places at once! However, if it is a all day event and/or if Sunday is open I would be able to attend. I thought it bad form to accept a RSVP knowing I could not attend an evening event, I hope if Tesla does change the time they reopen the RSVP.

Well, I feel like a dunce, I declined the RSVP due to the event being in the evening and a scheduling conflict prevents me from being in two places at once! However, if it is a all day event and/or if Sunday is open I would be able to attend. I thought it bad form to accept a RSVP knowing I could not attend an evening event, I hope if Tesla does change the time they reopen the RSVP.

I am in exactly the same situation. I did not RSVP, but would be able to attend on Sunday.

Even with 4 people (1 in front passenger seat, 3 in back seat) per 10 minute ride, and say 10 Betas to ride in, that's only 240 people per hour. I think we're looking at over 12 hours in that scenario - which also means they'll to charge the cars at least once.
What about the jump seats? ;) hehe

I already booked my flight, but I'll be returning to Holland at october 4th, so if they move me to sunday it won't be a problem for me at all. Still want to visit the new museum of science at SF :)

And to be honest, Tesla could have expected this. In my opinion reservation holders are really attached to "their" car and want to see and drive it as soon as possible.

Mine has been moved to 10/2 at noon. Booo.

Here was the first part of the email:

We are astonished by the response! From the instant the invitation hit your inboxes, responses flew in from around the world. So many that we cannot accommodate everyone on October 1st. In order to ensure everyone can ride in Model S and has the same amazing experience, we have added another day.

Join us and 1,000 other reservation holders for your ride and tour on Sunday, October 2nd. It's going to be unforgettable.​

Last edited:
Mine has been moved to 10/2 at noon. Booo.

Here was the first part of the email:

We are astonished by the response! From the instant the invitation hit your inboxes, responses flew in from around the world. So many that we cannot accommodate everyone on October 1st. In order to ensure everyone can ride in Model S and has the same amazing experience, we have added another day.

Join us and 1,000 other reservation holders for your ride and tour on Sunday, October 2nd. It's going to be unforgettable.​

Hi Bonnie,

It will be interesting to know how many folks are interested in attending when Tesla resolves its email problems and everyone's invitation hits their inboxes. Here' an excerpt of an email I received from them this morning:
Looking into your account and many other customers who have a Verizon domain, we’ve found many communication errors. We are working with our email vendor and many ISPs across the nation to fix the problem.
Hopefully two days will be sufficient to handle the total demand. :wink:

Larry