Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Beta Test "Rides" and the Fremont, CA, Factory tour!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
local vs. non-local makes sense from the perspective of evening out the days as well. In an interview or call, Elon mentioned something like 45% of the reservations are from California, I think roughly in the bay area (vs, say, San Diego). He mentioned it in relation to a question about demand, noting that he felt that number meant there was a lot of untapped demand for the Model S in other states that weren't as aware of Tesla.

I got Sunday noon like other locals, but I have a conflict for Sunday. The hard problem for Tesla would be coordinating those who would prefer to switch between the two days.

Would it still be the plan to have a TMC gathering earlier in the day on Saturday?

I just spoke with Angie @ TM...Sunday was added as an overflow due to the huge number of reservation holders reponding that they will be attending...no rides will given before the start of the event...Saturday starts at 5 pm, Sunday at noon...firm...

ckessel,
Unless you are willing to drive from Portland, I don't think that budget is reasonable. I'm driving with my wife on Wednesday from Portland to Santa Rosa, CA for a couple days then moving down to Fremont area on Saturday for the event. Then driving back to Portland on Sunday.

ckessel,
Unless you are willing to drive from Portland, I don't think that budget is reasonable. I'm driving with my wife on Wednesday from Portland to Santa Rosa, CA for a couple days then moving down to Fremont area on Saturday for the event. Then driving back to Portland on Sunday.
Yep, I'm not going. I was talking to my wife basically saying "If we can get cheap tickets, the San Jose airport is only about 10 miles from the factory. We could probably just get a taxi or I've seen some folks offer rides."

To which she says something like: "So you're going to buy tickets, fly down, go to the party, sleep overnight, and fly back for a 5 minute test ride?"

Uhh, well, when you put it that way. And this is on a car I'm going to see anyway in another 6+ months or so as delivery nears. I'd love to go, but it make zero sense. I'll be really disappointed though if Tesla ends up giving something out that would have made it financially reasonable to go had I known (a free option on the car, like XM radio or some such).