Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: Clever Vanity Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First responders receive regular education on how to extricate victims from vehicles and get updates distributed by manufacturers on how to disable their cars. The need to know this because it is extremely dangerous if you cut through the explosive charge on an airbag. Tesla has a specific manual for first responders and the roadster. I'm sure one is developed for the Model S and Model X as well.

http://www.evsafetytraining.org/Resources/Auto-Manufacturer-Resources/~/media/Files/Tesla_Roadster_ERG.pdf

Last edited:
I just checked vanity plate criteria for Oregon and find that I will not be able to use my planned plate because Oregon limits to 6 characters. So, here is an idea for anyone in a 7 character state. 10KGAUS. 10,000 Gauss = 1 Tesla. It's a bit obscure but maybe usable.

Already on a Roadster:

Attachments

• 1E4GAUS.jpg
    1E4GAUS.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 1,176
Last edited:
Nothing beats voluntary taxation. :)

Seven characters is a bargain at $800 for 10 years, and six characters is a steal at only $600 for ten years. Of course, I did buy my "CHARGE" plates nearly a year early, so that makes me extra foolish.

The windmill plate has a "Vestas" logo and slogan on the bottom, but the branding is easily covered by any license-plate frame.