Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S delivery date moved up drastically

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a MS Plaid last week. When ordering it said Dec-Jan delivery, then after the order went through it said March. Now it is blank and there is no projected delivery date that I can find anywhere.

I’ve had a Plaid on order since 2/9. Month by month I’ve been strung along being told repeatedly that I’d get the car in the next 3-4 weeks. I just received an email today stating my estimated delivery is now slated for february…one whole year from my order date.

This is my third model S….ordered because my last one was in an accident and I’ve literally been in a rental car for the past 5 months waiting for this car to replace my old one. I am at a complete loss for words…had I known I was going to get strung along this far I would have bought something else sooner…used tesla prices are now through the roof and comparable to new car prices which are impossible to come by. I literally do not know what to do at this point….worst customer service experience of my life.

Reactions: Merle
I’ve had a Plaid on order since 2/9. Month by month I’ve been strung along being told repeatedly that I’d get the car in the next 3-4 weeks. I just received an email today stating my estimated delivery is now slated for february…one whole year from my order date.

This is my third model S….ordered because my last one was in an accident and I’ve literally been in a rental car for the past 5 months waiting for this car to replace my old one. I am at a complete loss for words…had I known I was going to get strung along this far I would have bought something else sooner…used tesla prices are now through the roof and comparable to new car prices which are impossible to come by. I literally do not know what to do at this point….worst customer service experience of my life.
What color? Something seems wrong with your experience.

We will see what happens, but I just placed my order for a MSM MS Plaid with black interior and carbon fiber trim last week. I changed the configuration yesterday from blue to MSM, and today I have a projected delivery date of 9/11 - 9/30. As I said, we will have to see if that actually plays out, but seems completely inconsistent with your experience.

I ordered a Model S earlier in the week. It showed an expected delivery of Sep-Oct.

Last night it got updated to delivery between Aug 4 - Aug 18.

is that normal? I had heard that generally delivery gets delayed but here, it came in by about 2 months.

Not that I am complaining.. 😀
So it looks like the $10,000 price increase payers are getting their cars in 1 to 3 weeks? That is total bull. Nice job Tesla.

You best me in terms of time, and I match sentiment. Could’ve gone with a MBZ or Lexus instead of waiting for my April 2nd order to be pushed out to February as of this mornings EDD update.

This isn’t my first Tesla but based upon the latest experience and the rate of automotive advancement and self-driving capability, it may be the last.

$100K invested will yield at least a six-percent rate of return. You can buy a lot of car for $100K these days and the autopilot portion is there already for other manufacturers (just a question if ramping it up)

I would have to spend at least $100/week in gasoline to compensate for the $6000 delay to make it worth it at this point. That’s a Fremont to Tahoe trip, and back again. 52 weeks a year.

I would read up on the number of manufacturers, who are closing factories due to supply issues. Several in the last week. Tesla will not be immune to the same supply issues. I would anticipate late 2021 early 2022 for many deliveries. Our household is down to one car, as I sold the Y with anticipation of a September delivery. I’m now February 2022

Reactions: hcdavis3
I would read up on the number of manufacturers, who are closing factories due to supply issues. Several in the last week. Tesla will not be immune to the same supply issues. I would anticipate late 2021 early 2022 for many deliveries. Our household is down to one car, as I sold the Y with anticipation of a September delivery. I’m now February 2022
I read that Tesla wa able to to get around the chip shortage by rewriting the software. Awesome Tesla.