Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an email this evening from my DS who says car is coming out of production and with luck will be delivered late next week! This is about a week earlier than the 9/7 he's been estimating, despite the fact that the My Tesla dashboard continues to say "Late August."

I'm startin' to think I'm gonna have my car by end of August!

And just yesterday I had the electricians spend all day installing a NEMA 14-50 plug and a brand-new, custom-made 4-meter Siemens panel in the electrical closet ~130 conduit-feet away from my car's space in my condo's underground garage (long story; 90 days' waiting and the work isn't quite done yet, still waiting for SDG&E to actually answer their calls and agree to come out and plop a brand-new dedicated meter in and activate it so I actually have 240V 50A of charge). Total cost, estimated at $3650 which is roughly what one year's worth of gasoline cost for my now-sold ICE. All that just to get a blasted charge in my garage. Sigh. Condos: they are the bane of EV owners, for sure.

Can't wait to see the car. Don't look forward to having to cough up the dough to pay for it though.

Last edited:
Spoke to DS and my car has moved into the "Noise, Vibration, and Harshness" test, and then goes into final touch-up repairs if needed and should be shipped Monday. Pickup looks to be Friday or Saturday of next week.

It will take a monumental effort to get any sleep over next 7 days. :)

Yeah we were going to do pickup in Fremont to get the factory tour, but we need to go up to the Bay Area in Sept anyway so we figured we'd save on airfare and drive up and use SuperChargers up and down!

In other news, a further update: my My Tesla dashboard page now shows this:

button.jpg

Is that . . . is that the . . . the, er, proverbial BUTTON people have talked about for months in this forum? :)

Or is there another button after that? The PAY NOW just appeared moments ago.

Yeah we were going to do pickup in Fremont to get the factory tour, but we need to go up to the Bay Area in Sept anyway so we figured we'd save on airfare and drive up and use SuperChargers up and down!

View attachment 29021

Is that . . . is that the . . . the, er, proverbial BUTTON people have talked about for months in this forum? :)

From what I recall... This is the last one and then you'll just need to sign your final paperwork online!

It JUST GOT REAL for you! Stock up on the melatonin. I had to take 5mg every night the last couple of weeks before delivery.

- - - Updated - - -

FINALLY! I am crazy excited about this purchase (my wife tells her friends that it is just like having a baby with a due date!) and ordered the car on August 2nd.

My Dashboard just changed to:

In Production
The Tesla Factory is building your Model S.
Your post sounded like mine back in April and May! It was like torture, only with a crazy awesome payoff! I don't think I slept much for two months. Love to see the next wave of folks getting close to ownership!

View attachment 29021

My DS put this on my page. I paid what I wasn't financing, my credit union overnighted the rest to TM, and I signed the Tesla paperwork via docusign Thursday... but my dashboard still says "sourcing parts" and my DS said delivery is expected 17 Sept :wink: (but my dashboard still says "late August". I confirmed 28 July for a S60, VIN 18314. Seems like ppl who confirmed long after me are have delivery dates way before me... whats going on!! :mad:

My DS put this on my page. I paid what I wasn't financing, my credit union overnighted the rest to TM, and I signed the Tesla paperwork via docusign Thursday... but my dashboard still says "sourcing parts" and my DS said delivery is expected 17 Sept :wink: (but my dashboard still says "late August". I confirmed 28 July for a S60, VIN 18314. Seems like ppl who confirmed long after me are have delivery dates way before me... whats going on!! :mad:

Deliveries of the 85s appears to occur before of similarly ordered 60s. May not be fair, but that seems to be the case.