Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And it was born... waiting for pickup/delivery status!!!

Capture.PNG

Looks like it is making its way across the country on the transporter already! My delivery appointment is being set up this Friday! WOOT!

That is amazing! So you are going to get delivery across the country only one week from the day you went into production? Freaking amazing! Let us know what happens. I'm keeping a close eye on your experience since we are working out of the same SC. Good luck sleeping between now and then! :)

Early December Delivery

Hello. New to-be Tesla S driver here!

I confirmed on 9/30 and yesterday got email informing me of a 12/11 delivery date. Originally was told late Nov/early Dec. I didn't get my hopes up for the November fantasy, so not too disappointed.

I haven't been assigned a VIN yet. The config looks something like this: 85 | Black | Black | Obeche Matte | Pano Roof | 19" | Tech | Air | Parking | High-Fi | Paint Armor | FRUNK NET!!!!!!

Decided to keep my Audi A4 with Blizzaks for the worst winter days. Giving up my rarely driven Mini Cooper S Convertible instead, though my 9yo daughter teared up a bit at the idea.

Welcome! If your daughter is anything like mine I can tell you, you won't need to be concerned about the loss of the Mini. When others begin to OOOOOH and AHHHHH at the car she will begin to realize how cool the car is (and her Mom/Dad too!!) I want to be the first to warn you. If you are content with your config, STAY STRONG!!! There are some VERY unscrupulous personnel on this forum. I don't want to mention names (like TexEx) but they will immediately pounce and begin to entice you into upgrades you have already decided against. STAY STRONG!!! I have a strong suspicion some (one in particular) is really a Tesla stealth employee who garners a percentage of any and all upgrades foisted on unsuspecting and vulnerable purchasers. :biggrin: In all seriousness though, this is a GREAT place to get any and all questions asked while you wait for your delivery!

Hello. New to-be Tesla S driver here!

I confirmed on 9/30 and yesterday got email informing me of a 12/11 delivery date. Originally was told late Nov/early Dec. I didn't get my hopes up for the November fantasy, so not too disappointed.

I haven't been assigned a VIN yet. The config looks something like this: 85 | Black | Black | Obeche Matte | Pano Roof | 19" | Tech | Air | Parking | High-Fi | Paint Armor | FRUNK NET!!!!!!

Decided to keep my Audi A4 with Blizzaks for the worst winter days. Giving up my rarely driven Mini Cooper S Convertible instead, though my 9yo daughter teared up a bit at the idea.

Congrats!! Which one did you test drive? P I assume or P+? I love your color combo--but want to make sure you're okay with base model? If so no worries, but some people drive a P or P+ and order base, not realizing there is a HUGE difference. Let us know what you test drove.

Good call on keeping the A4 for bad weather :wink:

I don't want to mention names (like TexEx) !

Someone call????

Ha! I've been lurking long enough to be onto TexEx's sneaky tricks!

I did test drive a P+ because that was the only choice. (The Chicago Orchard Park store is in a mall, and the Tesla was tucked back by a loading dock next to a dumpster. There was a guy blowing leaves back there and when we pulled out, he rubbernecked with a hilarious what-the-hell-is-that-thing look on his face). Anyway, I feel I'm emotionally prepared for the extremely lethargic performance of the standard 85 ;)

And as for my daughter's sadness at seeing the Mini go, I'm quite sure Chipper is right. She'll be excited by the Tesla when she sees other people being excited about it. I kind of wish she was small enough for the rear facing seats. She would have looooved riding back there!

Ha! I've been lurking long enough to be onto TexEx's sneaky tricks!

I did test drive a P+ because that was the only choice. (The Chicago Orchard Park store is in a mall, and the Tesla was tucked back by a loading dock next to a dumpster. There was a guy blowing leaves back there and when we pulled out, he rubbernecked with a hilarious what-the-hell-is-that-thing look on his face). Anyway, I feel I'm emotionally prepared for the extremely lethargic performance of the standard 85 ;)

And as for my daughter's sadness at seeing the Mini go, I'm quite sure Chipper is right. She'll be excited by the Tesla when she sees other people being excited about it. I kind of wish she was small enough for the rear facing seats. She would have looooved riding back there!

Now, now--no tricks here.

I would like to know if you have driven the base model? I think it's unfair to those who drive a P+, then order a base unit without driving it. The only reason being, it will not be like what you test drove. I do wish the stores had a base model, so it would be easier to understand difference. Then again, let's face it, it's probably smart to have only +'s.

Congrats on order and try and and a base model if you can.

Can't believe it! Just got a call from my DS. He says the truck my car is in had a failure and needs to get some spare parts tomorrow, so the car won't make it. After it is repaired it has to go drop some cars in Tampa and then down to Miami. And after that they need to check the car at the Service Center, so he's giving me a new delivery date for Saturday. I imagine that they waited till the last minute to tell me. Now I have to ask the rental company to keep the car two more days. And most importantly, have to keep waiting two more days...