Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nicoletta's 1st morning at home...VIN 1850, P1117

327am. Model S P1845 arrives at my driveway in 5 1/2 hours. Not excited. No trouble sleeping. No not at all. Hmmm. Think I'll go clean the garage one more time.
Jim, here's da proof! Now I expect some pics of Rhapsody soon!
It really is a chameleon! Looks really black in this overcast morning air. Really beautiful blue in clear afternoon sun!
IMG_0796.JPG
IMG_0797.JPG
IMG_0798.JPG
IMG_0800.JPG

Omgoodness that is beautiful! Pics are amazing. Wheels perfectwith the color. And I'll take the house with the car, thank you. That car is worth a cardiac catheterization.
Huge congrats Teslaguy!
But has your Model S yet had a 11 year old friend's kid jump on the hood? Such was the maiden voyage after the prompt 9am Horeseless Carriage delivery of Model S P01845 this morning. Have already gotten my moneys worth from thepaint armor
Appreciate EdA's attendance and shotgun for first ride. Ben I needed you. We listened to AM radio I think.
All great. Folks this car is crazy nice. Off to work today for me. Pics and full story including live photos of lynching of friend's son to come when I have a little more of a moment.

DS comes later today. Maybe FM radio then?

Omgoodness that is beautiful! Pics are amazing. Wheels perfectwith the color. And I'll take the house with the car, thank you. That car is worth a cardiac catheterization.
Huge congrats Teslaguy!
But has your Model S yet had a 11 year old friend's kid jump on the hood? Such was the maiden voyage after the prompt 9am Horeseless Carriage delivery of Model S P01845 this morning. Have already gotten my moneys worth from thepaint armor
Appreciate EdA's attendance and shotgun for first ride. Ben I needed you. We listened to AM radio I think.
All great. Folks this car is crazy nice. Off to work today for me. Pics and full story including live photos of lynching of friend's son to come when I have a little more of a moment.

Yikes!! I think I would have gone just a little ballistic if my grandson's "friend" jumped on the hood! Can't even imagine!
By the way, I read somewhere on one of the threads here or at TMC about the car seeming to go faster after the V4 upgrade.
I drove my new car yesterday afternoon and then scheduled the V4 upgrade for overnight.
Took a little ride this am and almost lost it!! I kid you not it feels like this thing is twice the rocket after that upgrade!!
Really strange but others noticed it as well.

I also had a bit of a scare in a parking lot yesterday.
On 3 occasions the car dinged at me and shut completely down!!
I lost all power assist to steering and brakes and was coasting downhill struggling like heck to get it under control!
Finally noticed a little red icon on top bar and touched it and it said somethiing like don't put foot on brake and accelerator at the same time.
It was dark, but I looked down at my right foot.
it was clearly on the brake. But maybe the right edge touched the accelerator when I pushed the brake down?
I don't know. However, it seems like a major safety hazard to have the car shut down and to lose all power assist when that happens.
I can see disabling the accelerator under that condition, but to lose it all is pretty bad!
It was just like driving along and having an ICE car totally stall and losing everything.

Jim, glad you're not operating on me today! How can you POSSIBLY keep your mind on anything else!!
;-)

Huge congrats Teslaguy!

The little terror was considerate enough to keep it to the paint armor. It was fun Jim, thanks for inviting me up...
Can't wait until our cars are side-by-side.

/Ed

But has your Model S yet had a 11 year old friend's kid jump on the hood? Such was the maiden voyage after the prompt 9am Horeseless Carriage delivery of Model S P01845 this morning. Have already gotten my moneys worth from thepaint armor.

I'd have skipped the paint armor and gone for presenting a bill to the kid's parents. Much more satisfying, especially with the possibility the little **** would have had a much less merry Christmas.

PS Congratulations on the new car.

Yikes!! I think I would have gone just a little ballistic if my grandson's "friend" jumped on the hood! Can't even imagine!
By the way, I read somewhere on one of the threads here or at TMC about the car seeming to go faster after the V4 upgrade.
I drove my new car yesterday afternoon and then scheduled the V4 upgrade for overnight.
Took a little ride this am and almost lost it!! I kid you not it feels like this thing is twice the rocket after that upgrade!!
Really strange but others noticed it as well.

I also had a bit of a scare in a parking lot yesterday.
On 3 occasions the car dinged at me and shut completely down!!
I lost all power assist to steering and brakes and was coasting downhill struggling like heck to get it under control!
Finally noticed a little red icon on top bar and touched it and it said somethiing like don't put foot on brake and accelerator at the same time.
It was dark, but I looked down at my right foot.
it was clearly on the brake. But maybe the right edge touched the accelerator when I pushed the brake down?
I don't know. However, it seems like a major safety hazard to have the car shut down and to lose all power assist when that happens.
I can see disabling the accelerator under that condition, but to lose it all is pretty bad!
It was just like driving along and having an ICE car totally stall and losing everything.

Jim, glad you're not operating on me today! How can you POSSIBLY keep your mind on anything else!!
;-)

There are new regulations as a result of that police officer and his family dying in a Toyota from unintended acceleration a few years ago. I haven't researched it, but it seems at least possible that the government mandated a complete shutdown under those conditions, and its just something new for 2013. Or it could just be some hinky Model S bug from 4.0 :)

There are new regulations as a result of that police officer and his family dying in a Toyota from unintended acceleration a few years ago. I haven't researched it, but it seems at least possible that the government mandated a complete shutdown under those conditions, and its just something new for 2013. Or it could just be some hinky Model S bug from 4.0 :)

A complete shutdown just seems crazy dangerous. Makes complete sense to temporarily disable the accelerator, but shutting off all power assist to brakes and steering just seems very dangerous to me.
My foot was clearly on the brake, but as I said the right edge might have brushed the accelerator as I depressed the brake pedal. I drive with one foot, even though in my racing days I used to use both feet when autocrossing my Corvette Z06.

Looks like this was accurate. I just received my VIN - #2589. Additionally there now appear to be plans for delivery events in Palo Alto, Fremont, LA, and San Diego over the next 2 weeks.

And VIN#2589 now scheduled for delivery at San Diego Service Center Sunday 12/23 at 9am. Car is still in Fremont. Couldn't tell me yet if the due bill would include the 21" grey wheels or CF spoiler.

P 5651 (me) now has a VIN!!!! #2595

I'm told the car is entering the final stage of production and will be done in 7-10 days. Then it will take a few days to ship to me. My hope is that, even on the outside, I'll have it before 2013!

You can't see it (thank God) but I'm doing a little happy dance right now.

P 5651 (me) now has a VIN!!!! #2595

I'm told the car is entering the final stage of production and will be done in 7-10 days. Then it will take a few days to ship to me. My hope is that, even on the outside, I'll have it before 2013!

You can't see it (thank God) but I'm doing a little happy dance right now.

Is yours a perf or standard? It appears that all the VIN reports are for performance models...:cursing: