Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't know why but, the red Delivery button popped up again in My Garage (I went through that questionnaire already on 12/30) - it doesn't do anything except redirect to mytesla again. Weird.

image.jpg

This is more of a hit piece because of his personal issues with Tesla's production ramp than an actual news-worthy item. Oh well, you know what they say about pissing of the guy who buys "ink" by the barrel...
No I do not agree that it is a hit piece.
you must be in the Thrills category since you are getting your car. I am definitely annoyed after paying for my car 3 weeks ago and Tesla not being able to tell me where my car is. (not exactly true, They just haven't/won't responded to any of my status requests for the last week) to top that off they sent me my temp CA registration and Bill of Sale dated 2 Jan 2013 instead of when I actually paid for the car three weeks ago. So I don't have my car AND I get shafted for the 2012 tax rebate.

I few people have the Red Delivery Button for a second time including me. I've pressed the heck out of it checking my driveway each time. I've worn a circular path between my computer and the driveway and still no car. If I were smart, I'd set up a lawn chair and use my phone to press the button.

On the serious side, someone checked in with Tesla and was told it is a bug and that no further action is required on our part (assuming this is the second time you have the button).

No I do not agree that it is a hit piece.
you must be in the Thrills category since you are getting your car. I am definitely annoyed after paying for my car 3 weeks ago and Tesla not being able to tell me where my car is. (not exactly true, They just haven't/won't responded to any of my status requests for the last week) to top that off they sent me my temp CA registration and Bill of Sale dated 2 Jan 2013 instead of when I actually paid for the car three weeks ago. So I don't have my car AND I get shafted for the 2012 tax rebate.

You've got to get that paperwork reconciled!!!

My car has been 200 miles away since at least 1/1 but they're quoting a delivery of 1/10. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did they ship it without a steering wheel?

P7006, VIN 3413 supposed to delivered tomorrow morning. Pins and needles!

Interesting. I am VIN 3440 and am in the early stages of manufacturing. I wonder if that 25 car spread pinpoints the end of year production number, since the factory took a week off subsequent to year end. If yours was one of the last produced last year and mine was among the first produced in the new year, that would account for the wide difference in stage of readiness for 2 cars with close VINs.

Interesting. I am VIN 3440 and am in the early stages of manufacturing. I wonder if that 25 car spread pinpoints the end of year production number, since the factory took a week off subsequent to year end. If yours was one of the last produced last year and mine was among the first produced in the new year, that would account for the wide difference in stage of readiness for 2 cars with close VINs.
All the talk of transposed VINs between Atlanta and San Antonio whacked my eyes. I'm 3143! But I do believe the 2012s end in the 3160s or 3170s.
My vin is 1200 ahead of yours (they can transpose my VIN all they want VIN 2222) and I don't even have a clue where my vehicle is or when it will be delivered. I give up...

Even more interesting, I'm VIN 3305, and have heard nothing yet, (they haven't gotten the paperwork to me!). Last I heard production on mine had just started, and I should plan on 10 days for them to get to the point where they would load it on a truck, two days transit, one day prep (best case), and another day deliver to my house. Could they be building VIN's out of order? Another scenario (shudder) is that something went wrong with my car and they had to go back and fix it.

Oh well.. I have a VIN... yay!

-- update --

oops, just noticed catteldog's VIN mistake. Now things make a bit more sense. Hey cattledog, you might want to go back and update the post upstream with the correct VIN.

Last edited:
I believe we've narrowed down the MY2012 to MY2013 turnover point as somewhere between VIN #3247 (2012) and #3278 (2013) in this thread: New ViNs lately? - Page 6
Just a quick opinion...

Given the out of order sequencing we've seen for vehicle completion and deliveries, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see a 2012 ("C") higher than #3278.

An easy example would be if, say, 3277 had to be scrapped and rebuilt like happened with at least one of the Sig vehicles; in that case I wouldn't be surprised to see them bump the C to a D if the timing of beginning of rebuild was in 2013.

I'm at the NYC service center with my car today (getting a minor fix from my due bill). There are about a dozen cars here - mostly blacks and whites, but one blue. They are loading and delivering them in rapid succession. Very cool to see the prep and go in action!

Really? At the Service center? Not the Logistics hub? I take it you're in Queens - any photos of that place? Do they have a supercharger there?

Got a call from a driver an hour ago. He has my car. He is dropping off one other car now and then will bring me mine in an hour. My DS have been great, but he had not idea I was getting this until I emailed him. My DS is coming to my house tonight (9pm...did I mention he is great!) to do the delivery. No paperwork yet, but I am too excited to care. P4886:biggrin:

Got a call from a driver an hour ago. He has my car. He is dropping off one other car now and then will bring me mine in an hour. My DS have been great, but he had not idea I was getting this until I emailed him. My DS is coming to my house tonight (9pm...did I mention he is great!) to do the delivery. No paperwork yet, but I am too excited to care. P4886:biggrin:

Fantastic! Mine should be delivered sometime tomorrow although I haven't heard from the driver yet.

Aaron: what was your wait, about 2 months :)

/Ed (deposit in late Oct. 2010)