Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got informed my car will get delivered tomorrow evening! Glad they beat the 8/8 first estimate, not sure I could take much more of the anticipation.
That's exciting! Congrats!

@Jonathan Hewitt, this bodes well for my prediction for your early delivery!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes! I'm picking up this evening hopefully!
I'm imagining you waiting impatiently right about now... but in a couple of hours the waiting is over! So excited for you, post pics when you can tear yourself away from driving!

- - - Updated - - -

I just got my email to schedule my delivery August 8th! This assumes no delays at the border etc, but I was so excited, it was hard to concentrate on work. It'll be even harder on the 8th!
Woohoo!!!

@Jonathan Hewitt, this bodes well for my prediction for your early delivery!
I would be than happy for your prediction to come true! I'm really hoping it's on the truck talked about in this thread that is supposed to arrive in NC tomorrow/Wednesday. I could probably email my DS and ask but haven't. I've seen lots of people in this thread get told "it is" or "it isn't" on one truck or another and then get totally surprised when the opposite is true. I think I'll just sit here in ignorance and when it happens it happens :D

Electrician comes tomorrow, so any day tomorrow or later works :biggrin:

I would be than happy for your prediction to come true! I'm really hoping it's on the truck talked about in this thread that is supposed to arrive in NC tomorrow/Wednesday. I could probably email my DS and ask but haven't. I've seen lots of people in this thread get told "it is" or "it isn't" on one truck or another and then get totally surprised when the opposite is true. I think I'll just sit here in ignorance and when it happens it happens :D

Electrician comes tomorrow, so any day tomorrow or later works :biggrin:
I never called, either. All that would have done was made it worse for me. If all goes according to my prediction, you don't have to wait unaware for long. Should be getting a call this week, I'm thinking...

I think there's just the one...I can't imagine all 8 being used simultaneously for quite a while. If the other 7 were being used I would use it but I would stay with my car, I suppose... In case someone came who needed it. I did find it odd that 4 of the spots had signs that said "30 minute parking only, except for EVs" while the other 4 had signs that said "EV parking only".

Hi Christal,

This Supercharger location has 4 "dedicated" Tesla Model S charging locations of which one is a handicapped parking space. A dedicated spot is only for Model Ss. The handicapped spot is dicatated by Florida law. As I understand it in theory only handicapped Model S drivers should park there, and a non-handicapped Model S driver would be taking a chance for a ticket parking there. However, the signage is sufficiently vague as to be open to interpretattion and perhaps permit any handicapped driver in an EV to park there, or maybe the handicapped driver might not even need an EV to park there.

The other four charging stations are called "enabled", meaning that non-Model S vehicles can park there for a limited time. In this case non-Model S vehicles can park there for only 30 minutes.

Larry

Last edited:
Thanks Larry... it's not that I don't understand what the signs mean, just thought it odd that half the spots would allow any non-ev parking. Of course I understand the risk in parking in a handicapped spot, my bigger concern isn't a possible ticket but instead potentially inconveniencing someone with a legit nee to use it. I'm sure it would be very unlikely the other 7 would be simultaneously occupied, at least for some time.

I guess I just expected supercharger spaces to be only for supercharging, silly me!

Thanks Larry... it's not that I don't understand what the signs mean, just thought it odd that half the spots would allow any non-ev parking. Of course I understand the risk in parking in a handicapped spot, my bigger concern isn't a possible ticket but instead potentially inconveniencing someone with a legit nee to use it. I'm sure it would be very unlikely the other 7 would be simultaneously occupied, at least for some time.

I guess I just expected supercharger spaces to be only for supercharging, silly me!

Sorry, it wasn't my intent to suggest that you didn't know how to read the signs. Personally I found them vague and open to interpretation, so I consulted Tesla for a more authoritative response. Like you I was surprised that Tesla would spend so much on charging stations, but not have them all dedicated to Model Ss. As it turns out there are other local negotiations that influence the allocation of these parking spaces.

Larry

Sorry, it wasn't my intent to suggest that you didn't know how to read the signs. Personally I found them vague and open to interpretation, so I consulted Tesla for a more authoritative response. Like you I was surprised that Tesla would spend so much on charging stations, but not have them all dedicated to Model Ss. As it turns out there are other local negotiations that influence the allocation of these parking spaces.

Larry
Lol, not insulted. Just confused! I figured it was something silly like this.

OMG OMG OMG. Feel like doing the peepee dance...

screenshot_288 copy.jpg