Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My VIN is 17885 and mine is STILL Order Confirmed

Interesting. My VIN is 18630 with a very similar 85kWh configuration (blue/tan/obeche gloss/tech/pano/sound/19") and I haven't heard a thing about production... dashboard still says "sourcing" and still showing "Late August" delivery.

I was told Sept 16th for delivery. I am skeptical based on all this.

For what it's worth, I finalized my order late on 7/29, got my VIN within a couple hours, and got an initial email from my DS in Rockville less than 24 hours later. My original delivery appointment was 9/6, but the option changes and factory retooling pushed me back to 9/12. To be clear, I did not reconfigure my car after the new options came out. But my DS called me early that week to give me the opportunity to do so.

I'm not thrilled with the additional wait, of course, and if I had initially ordered after 8/3 I might have chosen parking sensors and a few other things differently. But looking at the big picture, I'm still well within the 2-month time frame that the sales rep in DC mentioned after my test drive. And as others have said at various points, once I do get the car none of the delays will matter any more.

I can step back and look at it rationally, but I'm still going nuts right now, obsessively checking the "My Dashboard" page multiple times per day, even though it hasn't changed since I got the VIN. I'm not sure if the forums are placating me while I wait or just feeding my insanity. :)

I can step back and look at it rationally, but I'm still going nuts right now, obsessively checking the "My Dashboard" page multiple times per day, even though it hasn't changed since I got the VIN. I'm not sure if the forums are placating me while I wait or just feeding my insanity. :)

Tesla is missing out on a golden opportunity right now to make millions in revenue: they should plaster ads all over folks' My Tesla dashboard pages. Think of the gazillions of page impressions from all the reload-reload-reloads! :)

OMG. My dashboard status has changed. My car is "In Production"!

building.jpg

Hmm. I'm guessin' the clock is tickin' at this point, and Tesla Motors is gonna expect me to pay for this car pretty soon, hmm? I guess I should start linin' up funds.

Anyone know how long it usually is to go from "you're now in production" to "hand over the money, buddy"?

Tesla is missing out on a golden opportunity right now to make millions in revenue: they should plaster ads all over folks' My Tesla dashboard pages. Think of the gazillions of page impressions from all the reload-reload-reloads! :)

On 10th reload, prompt user: Would you like to add extended nappa leather while you wait?
On 20th reload, prompt user: How about that Performance Plus package?
On 30th reload, ...

Mine's in production now too! Woohoo! Figures it would happen right after I gripe about how hard it is to wait...

Oh. Hmmm. Well I did hear that Tesla monitors these forums... :biggrin:

And I had to laugh at all the revenue suggestions. I doubt they'd go for the ad revenue, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they eventually "enhance" the Dashboard page to include easy upgrades "while-u-wait"...

Confirmed my order on Aug. 16th. My VIN ends in 20525.
Just received a call from the SC stating that my car should be ready by mid to late Sept!!! I was expecting October. Hopefully the Sept. timeline stays true!

Excellent. Congratulations! In the recent CNBC interview Elon indicated that wait time was 4-6 weeks. Can't imagine the early adopters/Sig owners waiting YEARS, not weeks for a car.