Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to my DS, the production date is 9/30 and delivery date should be 10/7-10/8. As it is, unless they deliver it by next week (which won't happen), I would get no use out of it since we are flying out of the country on vacation 9/25-10/7. Perfect timing if they deliver as promised.

I am so excited because my dashboard just changed to "Factory is building your Model S" this morning. My DS confirmed that I should receive the car on or before my delivery date of September 28th.

That's ten more loooooonnnnnngggg days to go..

Interesting to note that they do not go in order of VIN. My VIN is almost 20 ahead of your's and went into production last week, and on a truck today.

Interesting to note that they do not go in order of VIN. My VIN is almost 20 ahead of your's and went into production last week, and on a truck today.

I think that's because yours is a "mere" P85+

They state faster deliveries for P than for S. Also I am fairly sure they are prioritizing delivery times based on margin for them in the deal. In other words, if you want it faster, order it with lots of options. Also my DS said he thinks it might arrive 2-3 days ahead of the date they said, but I'm trying not to think that way at this point. Expectation management, lest I get disappointed over nothing!!

Well the dust has finally settled. Ordered 8/19, confirmed same day, VIN 20791 assigned about a week later, and now the car is built and being delivered to TX (Houston). I could have picked it up early but am out of town, so I will not get it until 9/24. S85, Gray, HIFI, Tech, Cyclone wheels. I have to compliment Tesla - they accommodated two config changes after I confirmed, and still delivered by the original estimate. I can't wait for next Tuesday!

2nd Shift.jpg
VIN.jpg
Model.jpg

Three pics I snapped tonight at the Century City Mall. HMMMMMMMM

It's interesting, after the Q3 push, seems like Oct cars are moving slower. I think they are running a bunch of European versions through, which delays other orders. Could be wrong.
The factory will be closed the first week of October. Once the Q3 push is over everything else is pushed back because of this. While I can not prove it, I bet if Sam had a 85P+ he would be getting his car before Sept 30th.