Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome to the forum first of all and I'm in the same boat as you, confirmed on 7/31, scheduled delivery date is 9/25 yet my dashboard still states "sourcing parts" as of this morning. This is a true test of your patience...Hang in there! LOL

Saphire: What configuration did you order? I believe that the timeline is highly related to the configuration that you order. Would be interested to know whether you're waiting on a 60, 85 or P85.

Saphire: I believe that the timeline is highly related to the configuration that you order.

Yes it is. As I stated before, they are building the high end P85+ first (to get revenue in the door for the quarter), then P85 orders, and down the list. If you order a fully loaded P85+, trust me, your car will get priority. There are slots that they will put a higher dollar value car first, over one that has a 60, which they will bump. $115K car is going to get in front of a $60K car--may not be 'fair', but it's reality.

Like it or not, as a public company now what matters is shareholder value--period. The rest is nice and good spirited, but they are accountable to wall street and the shareholders, and that means revenue and profit.

Yes it is. As I stated before, they are building the high end P85+ first (to get revenue in the door for the quarter), then P85 orders, and down the list. If you order a fully loaded P85+, trust me, your car will get priority. There are slots that they will put a higher dollar value car first, over one that has a 60, which they will bump. $115K car is going to get in front of a $60K car--may not be 'fair', but it's reality.

Like it or not, as a public company now what matters is shareholder value--period. The rest is nice and good spirited, but they are accountable to wall street and the public, and that means profit.

Totally agree. I also think that's pretty clear from their website where they say S60s take 3 months, S85s take 2 months and P85s take 1 month. I am waiting on an S85 (that's about as far as I could convince my wife to go) that I confirmed in late August. My DS says September 28th-ish delivery. Trying to triangulate the accuracy of the date based on other deliveries and timelines since my car is still in "sourcing parts" and the website does not list a specific date. :)

Totally agree. I also think that's pretty clear from their website where they say S60s take 3 months, S85s take 2 months and P85s take 1 month. I am waiting on an S85 (that's about as far as I could convince my wife to go) that I confirmed in late August. My DS says September 28th-ish delivery. Trying to triangulate the accuracy of the date based on other deliveries and timelines since my car is still in "sourcing parts" and the website does not list a specific date. :)

That's great--will be a sweet car! If they are saying 28th delivery, then you're golden. Yours will probably hit production late next week or early following. Shoul dbe able to make 28th.

Congrats in advance :biggrin:

Hi Guellis, I ordered the S85, don't know about you but these last few weeks are killing me in anticipation. LOL.
Congratulations to you!

Same to you--I agree about the anticipation. I am checking the Tesla website 4-5 times per day to see if there's any updated status.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tesla Model S: 85 kWh | Metallic Green | Tan Leather | Obeche Wood Gloss | Tech | Parking | Parcel Shelf | Paint Armor
Ordered: 8/23 | Confirmed: 8/24 | VIN 21112 | Expected Delivery: September

Got up this AM to find a beautiful email from Tesla sitting in my inbox:

Your Model S is almost ready!

Congratulations on purchasing a Model S! Your car is currently in production and will soon be ready for pick up at your nearest service center.

Pick up is September 27 @ 3pm (just in time for the weekend). Two immediate thoughts:

1) The next 2.5 weeks are going to go by soooooo slllloooooowwwllllyy.
2) Wondering why the Tesla website still shows the vehicle as sourcing parts.

Congratulations on purchasing a Model S! Your car is currently in production and will soon be ready for pick up at your nearest service center.

Pick up is September 27 @ 3pm (just in time for the weekend). Two immediate thoughts:

Still showing sourcing because it has not gone into production. Probably will early next week based upon your delivery date. I'm in same boat, but delivery on 26th.

esu6urym.jpg

Delivery in a little over two weeks!

FYI, rewski, as you're new...

If you think we don't have people on the forum that can reconstruct your full VIN from the partially obscured image, you're incorrect. ;)

Speaking for myself, I have one quick observation: Your check digit looks "odd" (not even sure what character it is in the screenshot) but should be '3'.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum first of all and I'm in the same boat as you, confirmed on 7/31, scheduled delivery date is 9/25 yet my dashboard still states "sourcing parts" as of this morning. This is a true test of your patience...Hang in there! LOL

Cool, I'm also picking mine up on the 25th (at the factory in my case)! Mine also still says "sourcing parts."

SO hard to wait! Least we have this forum to channel our anticipation in the meantime...

In Production
The Tesla Factory is building your Model S.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I did not receive an email but woke up to "In Production dashboard. Vin 21116 Delv 9-25

Confirmed on 8/10 after placing my order in on 8/2. about a week later i got a call from a local DS re Sept 21 delivery. Dashboard switched to "in production" on Aug 30. Switched to "production complete" last Friday (Sept 6). Got a call yesterday afternoon and was told my car will be in Tampa next Monday, and am set for delivery Tuesday,the 17th, four days early!!!!

It's going to be a rough week of anticipation...........