Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S FSD Confirmation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hate to ask this question again, but I have to.

I picked up my used model S 100D on March 13th, 2021. I posted a thread about my delivery experience (which was not bad at all).

I purchased it with Full Self Driving Capability, FSD, and when I checked the information on my console, I don't see it.

I will attach some photos to make it easier to see.

7.jpg

As you can see, It just says Enhanced Autopilot. I cropped out the bottom one, it is premium connectivity.

6.jpg

And here is the menu when I press Autopilot on my car console menu.

4.jpg

Additional vehicle info. It has Full-self Driving Computer, not sure MC2, MC3 or whatever. it is 2017 model.

1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

Above 3 images are the car specification and account information.

3.jpg

This is the chat that I had with Tesla rep, after I submitted a service request about this.

I'm glad that they installed it, however, I asked the question why I only see EAP, instead of FSD

and they suddenly removed my scheduled service so the chat is gone now. Lucky to screen captured it.

1. Do I have the FSD? How can I tell, I don't have the city self driving beta like ppl on Youtube.

2. If I do have FSD, why the console says Enhanced Autopilot instead of FSD?

3. My software version is up to date.

4. Tesla rep removed my service request so don't know what to do.

Thank you for reading!

Hi @alrnr2232 ,

Welcome to TMC !!!

Use your Tesla app - Go to Service > Schedule Service > Software > Driver Assistance Features

In the commentary section - Comment that your CAR does not show FSD Installed Please update software config.

They should be able to do this remotely...

Good luck,

Shawn

• Helpful
Reactions: croman
Hi @alrnr2232 ,

Welcome to TMC !!!

Use your Tesla app - Go to Service > Schedule Service > Software > Driver Assistance Features

In the commentary section - Comment that your CAR does not show FSD Installed Please update software config.

They should be able to do this remotely...

Good luck,

Shawn
Dear Shawn,

Thank you very much. As I posted, I tried once and had a chat with Tesla but for some reason they closed the service schedule and the chat. I will try it again.

4. Tesla rep removed my service request so don't know what to do.

...As I posted, I tried once and had a chat with Tesla but for some reason they closed the service schedule and the chat. I will try it again....

I would schedule another brand new appointment to resolve the issue. It should be done easily over the air update but since we can't phone into a service center anymore, we'll just have to make an appointment on the app.

Your screen should say "Full Self Driving Capability" and not "Enhanced Autopilot" and Tesla should fix it.

1. Do I have the FSD? How can I tell, I don't have the city self driving beta like ppl on Youtube.

You bought it and it reflects in the purchase section but it still wrongly says you don't according to your car's screen.

2. If I do have FSD, why the console says Enhanced Autopilot instead of FSD?

It's possible that the car was assigned as Enhanced Autopilot prior to your purchase. Once you bought it, Tesla should have updated it to reflect your payment. Maybe someone is overworked and busy. We'll need to encourage Tesla to hire more workers.

3. My software version is up to date.

Is that a question or a statement because I don't see your version number.

Currently, I have: Version 10.2 (2021.4.12 ec1e7082b41c).

Most of us (even for those who paid up as far back as October 2016) don't have the FSD beta.

You can tell whether you got it or not because your instrument clusters would show objects in boxes and the system paints red lines to show the margins of the whole road, not just on its side but on the other side too.

1616050203745.png

Good Luck!

Here is an Update this morning, Tesla rep called me on the phone and had conversation.

They confirmed that they newly installed FSD hardware on my MS,

and if I see Navigate on Autopilot and Auto Park features, that means I'm using FSD. I thought that Enhanced Autopilot has NOA and Auto Park, too...

For the console screen - Since my car is 2017 model, they said that even though I have FSD, it shows as Enhanced Autopilot because the car is old.
I found several photos on their Software menu saying Full Self Driving Capability, instead of Enhanced Autopilot.

I will reach out to the rep in the afternoon and find out.

Never expected that this gives me a headache.

My Model S P100D (which is a 2016 so even older than yours) shows Full Self Driving Capability on the Name Your Vehicle screen, so it is not true that it should show Enhanced Autopilot because your car is old.

But the Navigate on Autopilot and Traffic Light Stop Sign Control is part of Full Self Driving only.
You can also check your Tesla App on your phone and see if you have Smart Summon. That is definitely a Full Self Driving feature as well.

Maybe there is just a labeling issue on that Name Your Vehicle screen. You seem to have all the features of Full Self Driving.

Last edited:
Reactions: Art VandeIay
Do you have it with your MX as well?

No. Only a few among us (2,000) would have FSD beta. The rest of us and myself only have the public version of beta FSD

(Note there's a difference in terminology: public beta FSD vs limited released FSD beta)

We are expecting in 10 days from 3/6/2021 Elon Musk tweet that an FSD beta "Download Beta" button would show up on your car's screen under "Service" menu (It's only 2 days overdue but I am used to being late as much as years and not just days).

They confirmed that they newly installed FSD hardware on my MS,
Yes. That is not disputed as proven on your car's screen.

if I see Navigate on Autopilot and Auto Park features, that means I'm using FSD. I thought that Enhanced Autopilot has NOA and Auto Park, too...
True.

By the way, can your car stop at every green light and every stop sign on its own? I think that's the fork to differentiate whether you have Enhanced Autopilot or FSD.

I think Enhanced Autopilot can visualize all what FSD can such as green lights and stop signs but it lacks the ability to automatically stop on those visual cues.

For the console screen - Since my car is 2017 model, they said that even though I have FSD, it shows as Enhanced Autopilot because the car is old.
False. Mine is "old" 2017 Model X 100D with old MCU1 and old HW2.0 and got the credit "Full Self Driving Capability" on the screen.

Your hardware is new: MCU2 (Infotainment: Intel Atom) and HW3.0 (Full Self Driving Computer) as reported on your screen so the Tesla staff is not correct.

I will reach out to the rep in the afternoon and find out.

Please do.

Never expected that this gives me a headache.

Welcome to Tesla's service. It will be sorted out eventually. There's no denying that it's a headache right now. I can feel your pain.

I had the same issue. I purchased my used Model S with FSD but the screen only showed Enhanced Autopilot. I didn’t complain about it but the technician changed it to FSD when I took the car in for service for an unrelated issue.

Reactions: alrnr2232
You are the second person recently whose vehicle options on the Tesla website shows "Full Self-Driving Capability" twice, and whose car says they only have EAP. Seems to be a bug in Tesla's system. Doesn't really matter now as they're almost identical in features, but they'll sort it out - keep pestering them to make sure.

Reactions: alrnr2232
My Model S P100D (which is a 2016 so even older than yours) shows Full Self Driving Capability on the Name Your Vehicle screen, so it is not true that it should show Enhanced Autopilot because your car is old.

But the Navigate on Autopilot and Traffic Light Stop Sign Control is part of Full Self Driving only.
You can also check your Tesla App on your phone and see if you have Smart Summon. That is definitely a Full Self Driving feature as well.

Maybe there is just a labeling issue on that Name Your Vehicle screen. You seem to have all the features of Full Self Driving.

Hello,

Yeah seemed like the person who called me did not know what she was talking about...installed a new MCU and saying the car is old to show FSD message...? Doesn't make any sense.

I do see the Smart Summon. Haven't tested yet but when I click on it, I see the map and move around with a target marker.

No. Only a few among us (2,000) would have FSD beta. The rest of us and myself only have the public version of beta FSD

(Note there's a difference in terminology: public beta FSD vs limited released FSD beta)

We are expecting in 10 days from 3/6/2021 Elon Musk tweet that an FSD beta "Download Beta" button would show up on your car's screen under "Service" menu (It's only 2 days overdue but I am used to being late as much as years and not just days).

Oh jeez. Since so many of Youtube videos showing the FSD driving in city and the visualization, I thought that it was for everyone who purchased FSD. Now I figured out it was a limited beta...

But when I asked about this to the rep who called me, she told me that I don't have such visualization because the car is old, too.

I can't trust her anymore. Need to call her back and ask for someone else...

By the way, can your car stop at every green light and every stop sign on its own? I think that's the fork to differentiate whether you have Enhanced Autopilot or FSD.

I think Enhanced Autopilot can visualize all what FSD can such as green lights and stop signs but it lacks the ability to automatically stop on those visual cues.

The dashboard visual cues show me traffic lights and stop signs, orange cones, etc.

But I was testing my autopilot only when I was driving on highways, so I have not tested the green light and stop sign options yet. Seems like autopilot or NOA stops working when I reduce my speed on local roads...I will try it again.

You are the second person recently whose vehicle options on the Tesla website shows "Full Self-Driving Capability" twice, and whose car says they only have EAP. Seems to be a bug in Tesla's system. Doesn't really matter now as they're almost identical in features, but they'll sort it out - keep pestering them to make sure.

When my car was listed on the used car list, FSD only appeared 1. But when I printed out the description after I place the order (because the listing, car description, etc had gone immediately), I see the FSD twice. I thought it was just an error or something.

That is funny...didn't expect that someone has the same issue.

Thank you!