TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model S in two showrooms this coming weekend

Discussion in 'Model S' started by bonnie, Oct 5, 2011.

Tags:
  1. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

(Tesla should be sending emails out)

There will be a Model S beta at Menlo Park and Santana Row this coming weekend. People won't be able to sit in the cars, it'll be roped off, but at least you can get a closer look in the showroom.

White Model S at Menlo Park and red Model S at Santana Row from Fri afternoon thru Sunday.

2. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

After the event, Tesla is now applying Model S prototypes in homeopathic doses, starting with dilution to the extreme. Wait, no, the first step would be roped off Model S beta in darkened showroom. You just would "know" that it is there, somewhere in the dark...

3. Tommy

Tommy Member

I like it; more posted photos on their way to my web browser!

4. bonnie

That step was done :). We've now moved 'into the light'.

Seriously, I'm excited to be able to see it more closely. But as others at the event in line next to me can attest, I was just excited to see it fly by on the test track.

5. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Attest :wink::biggrin:

6. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913

#6 gg_got_a_tesla, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  7. bonnie

8. PopSmith

PopSmith Saving for a Model 3

Based off the passenger front quarter panel and the mirrors, that one's the prototype, but it's still sweet looking! :biggrin:

9. Kipernicus

Kipernicus Model S Res#P1440

Thanks for the extra info Bonnie. I got the emails and was considering going to see them, but not getting to sit in the car kind of spoils it.

10. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Active Member

Actually, the white one ended up at Santana Row. I was there to record the delivery from the street:
    IMG_0124.JPG

11. W.Petefish

W.Petefish Active Member

I think at least one will be coming to Houston soon. At least this is inferred from Tesla's e-mail about the Houston store opening.

12. Soflauthor

Soflauthor Model S, Sig#422

I hope one appears at the South Florida store in Dania Beach within a few months.

When the pre-Alpha was demo'd in Miami earlier this summer. It was also roped off. However, there weren't too many people around, and I asked if I could sit inside. The Tesla rep said "sure."

That, along with a lot of other aspects of the car, resulted in a check being written a few days later for a Model S sig series.

13. augkuo

augkuo Member

14. Mycroft

Mycroft Life happens

Ropes and pylons, but it looks like they're letting people get in the car now. Yay!!!

One of the marketing guys should put a spare set of clubs (or two?) in the frunk. They're missing out on showing off cool features!

15. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Some pretty cool shots. I love that car in white. I'm sold.

16. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

One of those captions said "the glass roof will have a screen to block out the sun."

17. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

As I recall, they said it would have a glass treatment that would reduce solar heat load to 20%

18. strider

strider Active Member

Yeah, when I dropped off my Sig upgrade check earlier this week my salesperson said they weren't going to let anyone inside. But I talked ot him today and apparently Elon told them to let people sit in the cars so there you go. It's ballsy but now we may come take a look this wkend.

19. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

Might have both.

20. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

I asked them about that at the factory tour and they said "yeah, we got a few requests for that already so will probably do something."