Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S in two showrooms this coming weekend

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
(Tesla should be sending emails out)

There will be a Model S beta at Menlo Park and Santana Row this coming weekend. People won't be able to sit in the cars, it'll be roped off, but at least you can get a closer look in the showroom.

White Model S at Menlo Park and red Model S at Santana Row from Fri afternoon thru Sunday.

After the event, Tesla is now applying Model S prototypes in homeopathic doses, starting with dilution to the extreme. Wait, no, the first step would be roped off Model S beta in darkened showroom. You just would "know" that it is there, somewhere in the dark...

After the event, Tesla is now applying Model S prototypes in homeopathic doses, starting with dilution to the extreme. Wait, no, the first step would be roped off Model S beta in darkened showroom. You just would "know" that it is there, somewhere in the dark...

That step was done :). We've now moved 'into the light'.

Seriously, I'm excited to be able to see it more closely. But as others at the event in line next to me can attest, I was just excited to see it fly by on the test track.

These guys do get around!

Oracle OpenWorld Retail Row

TeslaBeta_at_Oracle.jpg

Last edited:
(Tesla should be sending emails out)

There will be a Model S beta at Menlo Park and Santana Row this coming weekend. People won't be able to sit in the cars, it'll be roped off, but at least you can get a closer look in the showroom.

White Model S at Menlo Park and red Model S at Santana Row from Fri afternoon thru Sunday.

Thanks for the extra info Bonnie. I got the emails and was considering going to see them, but not getting to sit in the car kind of spoils it.

I hope one appears at the South Florida store in Dania Beach within a few months.

When the pre-Alpha was demo'd in Miami earlier this summer. It was also roped off. However, there weren't too many people around, and I asked if I could sit inside. The Tesla rep said "sure."

That, along with a lot of other aspects of the car, resulted in a check being written a few days later for a Model S sig series.

Yeah, when I dropped off my Sig upgrade check earlier this week my salesperson said they weren't going to let anyone inside. But I talked ot him today and apparently Elon told them to let people sit in the cars so there you go. It's ballsy but now we may come take a look this wkend.