Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S in two showrooms this coming weekend

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To take a contrary view, I am very fond of the unobstructed space between the front seats. I don't want a giant bulky immovable console extending to the floor; it's a leftover from the ICE driveshaft.

Some sort of flip-up armrest/tray, or a removable storage box, or both, would be OK. Do something distinctive and flexible with that space.

I, too, prefer the unobstructed space between the front seats. For those wanting something else, and there are numerous logical possibilities, it seems to me that aftermarket vendors should be able to come up with great solutions very quickly.

My one fear about having a center console, instead of the current setup, is that for someone who is tall like me (6' 4" tall) the center console can be too confining and rub against your knees. Please, Tesla, don't make it like some vehicles where the center console is up above your hips (almost at armrest height) the whole way across. If you add a center console then please have it follow the 17" screen straight down to a point that is below the height of the seat.

I ended up going this weekend, and brought my friends who were visiting from S. Carolina. They were quite impressed, and liked seeing the row of Roadsters charging in the back too. It was super crowded however and we didn't wait around to sit inside (didn't know about res holders skipping in line, but I don't think I would have done that anyways). Tesla did generate some good buzz, and I think the Model S fits right into the high-end atmosphere of Santana Row.

I too am for nothing on the floor between the front seats. Anything for that area could be an upcharge accessory with different versions. Cupholders, storage bins, phone holder/chargers, drink cooler/ heater Maybe a simple velcro bottom like the door sills but with a 12V plug.

Last edited:
I too am for nothing on the floor between the front seats. Anything for that area could be an upcharge accessory with different versions. Cupholders, storage bins, phone holder/chargers, drink cooler/ heater Maybe a simple velcro bottom like the door sills but with a 12 plug.

Clever idea. That would certainly create a range of accessory options!

Here's the video of how they got the White Beta into the showroom at Santana Row:
[video=vimeo;30412972]http://vimeo.com/30412972[/video]

It includes some shots of the speedo (532 miles, probably most of them from the previous weekend's test rides), charge port, and showing the headlights and taillights on at night.

i think there was a bit in there with the side mirror folded in when they came through the glass doors. At least, i think i saw one of the guys snap it back out afterwards....

You did:

4968307433.jpg

Cool, lower LEDs as well:

3267041441.jpg

Tire turning noises on that slick floor also sounded a bit too much like a related sound.

Yeah, I don't know if it's on the cutting room floor, but at the time someone was making a joke about how now was a good time to stop holding 'em in.

I think the red one is coming to Santana Row this upcoming weekend. If I recall, that one has a more deluxe interior.

One thing us geeks on this forum doesn't realize is that the Model S, and EVs in general, is not mainstream knowledge just yet. So one gratifying thing with stopping by Santana Row yesterday was to listen to, and observe, people's reactions when the staff tells them exactly what they're looking at. "Where's the motor?" (They filled the frunk with bags now for illustration. Good move.) "It's completely electric?" "The battery is where now?"

Just a beautiful collection of aha-moments to get one through the next 12 months. :)