Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S instead of X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm reposting this in its own thread since it will probably get lost in the model X design studio thread. Especially as there doesn't seem much interest in that thread. Which is kind of interesting in itself

Having waited for so long for the Model X design studio to open I think I've decided to go for one of the new MS 60. I'm finding it hard to justify the premium on the X for a 7 seater with decent range and our XC 90 D is still going strong. Probably only need the 7 seats a few times a year and for that the XC is more than fine. Plan now is to get the S and then when the time comes to move on from the Volvo get the X then, perhaps even swap the S for a 3 at that time also? Anyway feeling good about the decision! Also still a little worried about the first Gen X.

A couple of quick questions though. I have the $6k deposit down for the X and also the $1500 for the 3 (incase i didn't have a tesla at the time of launch) but I'm pretty sure now I can just transfer both deposits in to the S with out being pushed to the back of the line on the 3 correct?

There's also the referral program that I can take advantage of too by the looks.

Out of curiosity, what are the prices on the model X, I don't see the design studio open yet. I currently have a model S and I'm really keen on the model X too for my wife. It would be nice if the design studio was open now so that I could use my referral code!
Prices start at $147,137 for 5 seater no options. Let me know what set up you'd like to price and I'll punch it in.

Reactions: championi
Ok that is a bit deep for me - what does dog medication have to do with a model S or X....?

Also Mike it is against forum rules to publicly post your referral link. No issue with sharing it with people via a Private Message - PM

Please do not post Tesla referral links (Australia\NZ Forum)

Moderators Note
As TesAus said, posting of referral links is not allowed.
I have deleted the original post with the referral link and also the deleted the second post pointing it out by posting the link a second time.

Thanks for that Xwing.
Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh when it arrives here. I'm a little reluctant at the stage to place a deposit until I see it. Does the reservation have the 1 week to change your mind like the S?

The reservation is fully refundable and if you do place the order then you have 7 days to make changes before it locks in. I think that's similar to the S, only difference being that you must have a reservation to see the design studio currently.

Moderators Note
As TesAus said, posting of referral links is not allowed.
I have deleted the original post with the referral link and also the deleted the second post pointing it out by posting the link a second time.
Yes that 2nd post was meant to be a comment on the attached dog medication image, but it reposted the referral oops.

I've had a few PMs now guys so I think I'm sorted on the referrals. Thanks. I'll let you know how I go with the purchase. Also if anyone wants pricing info on the X in the meantime let me know your preferred set up and I'll punch it in.

First off, my apologies about posting my link. I did not search the forums for any threads about the prohibition. As to a dog medication image, that is funny. I guess it could have been in my clipboard when I cut and pasted the link, but I don't take dog medication, so don't know why it would have been part of my post. Anyway, good luck with your purchase. Mike

Yes that 2nd post was meant to be a comment on the attached dog medication image, but it reposted the referral oops.

I've had a few PMs now guys so I think I'm sorted on the referrals. Thanks. I'll let you know how I go with the purchase. Also if anyone wants pricing info on the X in the meantime let me know your preferred set up and I'll punch it in.

I have the $6k deposit down for the X and also the $1500 for the 3 (incase i didn't have a tesla at the time of launch) but I'm pretty sure now I can just transfer both deposits in to the S with out being pushed to the back of the line on the 3 correct?

I'm not sure that's correct, I wouldn't suggest giving up your 3 reservation just yet, particularly if you got in early. While Tesla have said that priority will be given to existing owners, I'd assumed that meant "out of those who had made a reservation", not that existing owners without a reservation would necessarily get in before the earliest reservations.