Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Launch Event 6/22/2012

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I have this right, let me know if it is wrong: 3:30 PDT is 5:30 CST and 6:30 EST (or is it CDT and EDT). Anyway, I think it's 5:30 central time and 6:30 Eastern time. Thanks.

You are correct (and 4:30 MDT). Pacific time is always -1 to Mountain, -2 to Central and -3 to Eastern, and they all move from Daylight Savings to Standard simultaneously in March and October.

For people who live in weird places like Arizona and parts of Indiana that don't recongize Daylight Savings Time, you're on your own. :wink::biggrin:

For people who live in weird places like Arizona and parts of Indiana that don't recongize Daylight Savings Time, you're on your own. :wink::biggrin:

The entire state of Indiana now observes Daylight Savings time. Of course, only northwest and southwest Indiana are on central time while the rest of the state is on eastern time because, you know, Indianapolis is so much closer to New York City than it is Chicago...

The entire state of Indiana now observes Daylight Savings time. Of course, only northwest and southwest Indiana are on central time while the rest of the state is on eastern time because, you know, Indianapolis is so much closer to New York City than it is Chicago...

OK, I didn't realize that Indiana was actually on DST, but the fact of the matter is that you can drive through the state and in the space of 4 hours probably change your watch 3-4 times! What kind of a state lets each county decide what time zone it's in?!

Arizona doesn't recognize DST, but at least the whole state is in the same time zone! BTW, I have no idea what time it is right now in Phoenix.

The people I really feel sorry for are our European friends, who are stuck with this thing starting at 11:30 pm or 12:30 am.

While I agree that they have every right to flaunt today in the face of the naysayers, its probably best not to today. Take the high road, even if just for a day. They will get much more traffic today than they ever have from "outsiders" (not just our AO :)) No need to make your first impression to the newcomers one of arrogance. They likely won't understand the context and just give them a reason to not listen to or "hate on" Tesla.

There's a tone aspect to it.

Bad: "See! We did it? We showed you losers that said we couldn't."
Good: "For those that questioned our ability to deliver, thank you for the additional inspiration which helped to drive us as well."