Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Nature Pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a pic from last weekend where my wife and I soaked in the "Boiling River" near Mammoth in Yellowstone on the 45th Parallel, half way between the Equator and the North Pole.

View attachment 75235
BTW, A little "bird" just told me today that On March 26, 2015 The Department of Energy will be putting out a press release about an approved Grant that will provide $ for charging in Yellowstone National Park. A "Greater Yellowstone EV Map will be made to show where all the charging locations will be. This is pre-release info so we will have to wait for the Press release on March 26th to know any more info or details. :smile:
This is great news about Yellowstone! My wife and I drove our Model S there in May 2013. There was no charging available in the park that we could determine. We charged in West Yellowstone at Jax RV park. The owner was great!
On the other hand when we got to Grand Canyon they sent us to the back of the their RV park where we charged 40 amps at 240 volts for free! The park rangers said they were happy to see us because we weren't polluting the park like all the other cars there!

Looking forward to being able to visit Yellowstone again with numerous charging options available.

IMG_3655.JPG

Virga over Mount Ellis, Gallatin Valley, Bozeman , MT taken handheld during the Blue Hour post sunset.

Last edited:
BTW, A little "bird" just told me today that On March 26, 2015 The Department of Energy will be putting out a press release about an approved Grant that will provide $ for charging in Yellowstone National Park. A "Greater Yellowstone EV Map will be made to show where all the charging locations will be. This is pre-release info so we will have to wait for the Press release on March 26th to know any more info or details. :smile:

Very little information about Yellowstone in the press release, which was primarily centered around other national parks, like the petrified forest and one off on the Virgin Islands. The only thing it mentioned about Yellowstone and the Tetons was that the forest service planned on buying more hybrid-plugin vehicles and then vaguely mentioned that some public charging stations would be added. No locations, no dates. Here's the link.

National Parks Move Forward on Sustainable Transportation in Partnership with Clean Cities | Department of Energy

Darn it, I always said, "what kind of jerk would take a car with the lowest drag ever and put roof racks on it?". Now I have to eat my words. Excellent car for camping, touring, and those roof racks look hot. They don't spoil the lines at all. Now I have to eat crow, and it probably won't be as clean and shiny as that beauty!
Slightly off-topic and for that I apologize... but I noted that the connection points for racks look very much like what I have on my Benz. Does anyone know if this is a 'standard' fitting and if so, whether my Benz bars should fit the Tesla? I haven't quite got my head around the cut necessary for a hitch receiver... and will have to carry my bikes somehow.

@ Blu Zap,

What color is your car ?
Of course I can guess there is a hint in your user name. But looks black.
I like this blue-black effect and I have to finalize my specs very shortly (my S85D will enter production end April).
For now I have chosen for black - but I like blue reflection.
So is it this blue ?
Would you please post a bigger picture ?
Thanks a lot.

D.

Hi David100. Yes my MS is the factory blue color. It is blue in bright sunlight and dark almost black in dim light and at night. I'll see about posting another pic on this thread. Best of luck to you in ordering your new MS.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0099.JPG
photo-71.JPG

@David100 Here are a couple of more pics of the factory blue color.

@David100 Good choice! I have been very happy with how it "changes" color based on ambient light. I did put a protective coating on called Rejex. It does bring out the color depth and shine. There are likely other similar products in your area. Congrats on ordering your new MS!