Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Nature Pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_3147.JPG

Took the Model S out to explore some of the remote back roads here in N. Wyoming and S. Montana last week through this wild weather we had changing constantly, sun, snow, wind, with temperatures reaching -17 F. :cool:
The car performed phenomenally well though all conditions on this drive, on Michelin X-Ice 3 winter tires. I took along a shovel and tire chains and other precautions, but didn't need them.
Encountered a few scary looking snow drifts on the road, some of the worst being on either side of this one lane bridge. But the S just plowed through them with confidence! That wind was wicked!
Sometimes the car did feel like a space ship travelling on another planet! Silently, smoothly. I saw only one other out on the road, a Ford F-350, hauling hay.
Did not attempt to conserve energy, ran the heater to comfort level, and drove as I wished through the hills and by frozen lakes and rivers, taking it all in with some amazing music to accompany the journey.
Used 235 miles of range over a journey of 170 miles. Was a fantastic drive!
Thought I would share a few of the pics.

Looks like an amazing drive! I was curious how the Model S would feel driving through snow, sounds like it handled the trip very well. Go Tesla!