Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Nature Pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ocean Shores, WA.

P1020662.jpg

DrGuest, That is AMAZING. I want that picture!

- - - Updated - - -

Bugeater has some amazing photos. He did a wonderful slideshow of his cross country trip for our local Silicon Valley group. It was very inspiring. Beautiful pictures, and beautiful stories, plus he did this in May before most of the superchargers were built up

Welcome to the forum, RobsJester. I'm sure many of us here would love to learn more details of your 15K mile trip - those charging breadcrumbs your photograph shows ensure us it will be extremely interesting!

Thanks,

Welcome to the forum, RobsJester. I'm sure many of us here would love to learn more details of your 15K mile trip - those charging breadcrumbs your photograph shows ensure us it will be extremely interesting!

Thanks Audubon, I wrote a short article about the trip over the Summer. TM posted it to the "Customer Stories" section of website. A cleaner version with loads more photos made the front Jalopnik front page.

A Complete Circuit - A Tesla Road Trips the United States

As the superchargers are now live from LA to NYC, I suspect charging 8 hours at camp sites will soon seem like crossing the country in covered-wagons… and that's a good thing.

Took the Model S out to explore some of the remote back roads here in N. Wyoming and S. Montana last week through this wild weather we had changing constantly, sun, snow, wind, with temperatures reaching -17 F. :cool:
The car performed phenomenally well though all conditions on this drive, on Michelin X-Ice 3 winter tires. I took along a shovel and tire chains and other precautions, but didn't need them.
Encountered a few scary looking snow drifts on the road, some of the worst being on either side of this one lane bridge. But the S just plowed through them with confidence! That wind was wicked!
Sometimes the car did feel like a space ship travelling on another planet! Silently, smoothly. I saw only one other out on the road, a Ford F-350, hauling hay.
Did not attempt to conserve energy, ran the heater to comfort level, and drove as I wished through the hills and by frozen lakes and rivers, taking it all in with some amazing music to accompany the journey.
Used 235 miles of range over a journey of 170 miles. Was a fantastic drive!
Thought I would share a few of the pics.

Attachments

• Winter 30.jpg
    Winter 30.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1,072
  • Winter 21.jpg
    Winter 21.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 1,070
  • Winter 22.jpg
    Winter 22.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 1,081
  • Winter 20.jpg
    Winter 20.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 1,086
  • Winter 25.jpg
    Winter 25.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 1,075
OK, this is my FAVORITE thread, but I gotta stop checking it. The envy is KILLING me!

:)

I'm in Freeway infested Southern California... I can do a LOT of shots that are the INVERSE of these AWESOME Nature shots... :tongue: Besides, I'm more of a city-kid, so even though there are some nice nature places around here, I wouldn't know where to go