Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My DS just informed me that my February 21st date is looking like March 1st now, though my dashboard doesn't reflect this yet.

I wonder if your vehicle will be on the same truck coming up here with mine. Mine is set for delivery on March 3. That was the earliest date I could choose when I was contacted recently about my delivery date and now it's relfected on my dashboard. I can't see them going to Calgary first and back and I doubt that there's enough of a demand up here for a second delivery so it may be that you will moved back another week, especially if you still don't have a delivery date on your dashboard.

I am now going to order a few more crucial accessories, like all-weather floor mats

Hey MidlifeCrisis! We sure think alike. I also ordered the all-weather mats and have gone through the same things with the Vancouver service center about the front one being on back order because the old ones don't fit. I also want to plaster the thing with these mats to protect the carpet. With three kids, wife and dog, this car needs protection! I also ordered the tire repair kit (since there's no spare) and the dryer adapter - which could come in handy. I'm on the waiting list for the center console. I have also bought the screen protector from Amazon, order the parts and built the lightweight extension cord in the thread here. In fact, I have a "Tesla box" where my wife puts all of the gadgets I have bought for it (cleaners, usb plugs and cables, etc.). The electrician is coming tomorrow to install the outlet in the garage. So I'm slowing running out of things to do to pass the time and I'm very jealous of your soon be delivery! Congratulations and enjoy!

I wonder if your vehicle will be on the same truck coming up here with mine. Mine is set for delivery on March 3. That was the earliest date I could choose when I was contacted recently about my delivery date and now it's relfected on my dashboard. I can't see them going to Calgary first and back and I doubt that there's enough of a demand up here for a second delivery so it may be that you will moved back another week, especially if you still don't have a delivery date on your dashboard.

You're probably right but I'm still in denial that it won't come in February :confused:

Hey MidlifeCrisis! We sure think alike. I also ordered the all-weather mats and have gone through the same things with the Vancouver service center about the front one being on back order because the old ones don't fit. I also want to plaster the thing with these mats to protect the carpet. With three kids, wife and dog, this car needs protection! I also ordered the tire repair kit (since there's no spare) and the dryer adapter - which could come in handy. I'm on the waiting list for the center console. I have also bought the screen protector from Amazon, order the parts and built the lightweight extension cord in the thread here. In fact, I have a "Tesla box" where my wife puts all of the gadgets I have bought for it (cleaners, usb plugs and cables, etc.). The electrician is coming tomorrow to install the outlet in the garage. So I'm slowing running out of things to do to pass the time and I'm very jealous of your soon be delivery! Congratulations and enjoy!

You could start ordering merchandise. I have shirts, hats, cup...

Hey guys, if I ordered my tesla at the last day of February. When would you think they would get it delivered it out to me? I live in Texas so I am wondering how much money I can save up for that steep up front tax I have to pay and also saving up for xpel ultimate cover.

I have dogs, too, one of which loves to go for rides, so I got the following massive seat cover for the 2nd row bench seat: Deluxe Quilted and Padded seat cover for Pets - One Size Fits All 56"Wx94"L Taupe . It will make my Model S look a little bit on the redneck side, but I will probably leave that thing in most of the time to protect the seats from all animals (pets, kids and passengers)!

Good idea on the tire repair kit and dryer adapter...I'll do some research on those things myself and may ask for some advice if there isn't an obvious choice for some of those things!

Hey guys, if I ordered my tesla at the last day of February. When would you think they would get it delivered it out to me? I live in Texas so I am wondering how much money I can save up for that steep up front tax I have to pay and also saving up for xpel ultimate cover.

They seem to be doing pretty good on their 1-2 months for performance and 2-3 months for everything else. So if you order at the end of Feb, assuming performance, I wouldn't expect it until April, and May if ordering a regular. You COULD also just order it now, and tell them to deliver it when you have the cash. The only thing you will pay for right now is going to be the 2,500 deposit, until you take delivery. I recommend this since there is no telling if/when they are going to change things up and the pricings might change.

So the better question is when do you feel comfortable with actually paying for the car? And then just pick a month that coincides with that time. This is originally what I was going to do (to help get a bigger down payment) and then just gave in and went for the earliest date possible.

- - - Updated - - -

I have dogs, too, one of which loves to go for rides, so I got the following massive seat cover for the 2nd row bench seat: Deluxe Quilted and Padded seat cover for Pets - One Size Fits All 56"Wx94"L Taupe . It will make my Model S look a little bit on the redneck side, but I will probably leave that thing in most of the time to protect the seats from all animals (pets, kids and passengers)!

Good idea on the tire repair kit and dryer adapter...I'll do some research on those things myself and may ask for some advice if there isn't an obvious choice for some of those things!

I actually was reading up on this from the "buyers guide" (that was posted earlier in this thread I believe). It might be better (cheaper) to get the tire repair kit from a local store, instead of Tesla (like autozone or something similar).

They seem to be doing pretty good on their 1-2 months for performance and 2-3 months for everything else. So if you order at the end of Feb, assuming performance, I wouldn't expect it until April, and May if ordering a regular. You COULD also just order it now, and tell them to deliver it when you have the cash. The only thing you will pay for right now is going to be the 2,500 deposit, until you take delivery. I recommend this since there is no telling if/when they are going to change things up and the pricings might change.

So the better question is when do you feel comfortable with actually paying for the car? And then just pick a month that coincides with that time. This is originally what I was going to do (to help get a bigger down payment) and then just gave in and went for the earliest date possible.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually was reading up on this from the "buyers guide" (that was posted earlier in this thread I believe). It might be better (cheaper) to get the tire repair kit from a local store, instead of Tesla (like autozone or something similar).

I may do this method. But I have to wait till TSLA is above 200 to do the purchase. And I think it will do it Feb. but maybe not right away. :)

Found a tire repair kit on amazon for around $40 and just ordered it: Amazon.com: Slime 70005 Safety Spair 7-Minute Flat Tire Repair System 12-Volt: Automotive.

It may be even cheaper to find one in an automotive store, but this one had really good reviews on Amazon and could also inflate your tires without sealant (which I assume the more expensive Tesla branded model would also do).

Found a tire repair kit on amazon for around $40 and just ordered it: Amazon.com: Slime 70005 Safety Spair 7-Minute Flat Tire Repair System 12-Volt: Automotive.

It may be even cheaper to find one in an automotive store, but this one had really good reviews on Amazon and could also inflate your tires without sealant (which I assume the more expensive Tesla branded model would also do).

Yeah there you go. If it makes someone feel any better, they probably are not making this kit themselves. Which is also why it is likely far more expensive since they are marking up the price so they can make money on it. There were some other things that I have seen recommended to get from a 3rd party instead of Tesla I will see if I can dig them up.

Edit: looked through the document again and I am not really seeing anything that would point to the other things I was thinking of. But just in case I will link it again here for others to read through because it is chalk full of very useful things you will want to go through as you go through the buying process.

Model S Delivery Checklist and Owners Guide

Last edited: