Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivered. More pics later. Need to make it through work this afternoon...grrrr.... The car is simply amazing.

photo (5).JPG

Interesting, so you decided on a S instead of a x?

Yep. We just had our third kid a few weeks back so I was thinking the X would work best, but I didn't want to wait both to drive something fun and also to have more space for the kids. There was a semi-rare test drive event in Austin last week so I took my oldest son over to try out the rear facing seats and not only did he not get nauseous, he enjoyed the ride back there so I converted my order :biggrin:

Congrats...updated!

Delivered. More pics later. Need to make it through work this afternoon...grrrr.... The car is simply amazing.

View attachment 45851

- - - Updated - - -

Ordered and confirmed last night and just got my VIN #39273. At least that part went quick. Selected earliest delivery which said May - not sure how I'll focus on the rest of my life until then.

Congrats @AtlantaP85; added you to the master doc, Q2 tab.

The day has finally arrived!
IMG_20140326_192323.jpg

So just some nice little things to point out.

1: My car came with 5.9 installed already. This was the first car my DS has seen with 5.9 so I would assume any car coming off the line after the 17th(ish) should have this update. It was funny because that was like the first thing I checked when I sat down in the car and my DS was surprised and knew nothing about what was in the update! So my "walkthrough" turned into our "walkthrough" as I spent time telling him about the new features of the update haha!

2: Absolutely no regrets on the S85. Now, it probably helps coming from a Civic, as ANYTHING is going to be faster than that. But it seemed to me like the extra second from the P85 is really just not missed. I couldn't really afford the extra on the P85, so I am really happy that even the standard has a TON of getup. If you can't stretch yourself to get the P, don't beat yourself up over it. It is still a fantastic car.

3: Funny ride back, my buddy who was with me was telling me not to hit the breaks and use the regen more... I was like... what breaks? I am not hitting the breaks. That is ALL regen! Yeah it is that good :) Just got to get more smooth with the acceleration and regen so it isn't a high acceleration turned into hard breaking (regen). But it sure was fun!

Truly fantastic car. As everyone else says, when you get it you will know! It was worth the wait!

View attachment 45796My new S85 at the WPB service center. Took the day off and went driving. What fun!

Sweet!

- - - Updated - - -

Ordered and confirmed last night and just got my VIN #39273. At least that part went quick. Selected earliest delivery which said May - not sure how I'll focus on the rest of my life until then.

Congrats & welcome to the forum! What's your config?

So jealous of all of you that are getting yours today. My HPWC just arrived. Less than a month to go.

We seem to be on the same timeline. My HPWC gets installed next week (fingers crossed). Car arrives last week of April.

Interesting, so you decided on a S instead of a x?

I think he decided on now rather than later.