Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratz! But...pics or it didn't happen ;)

I have updated the sheet.
photo.JPG

Still waiting here. I check the site about 20 times a day, not like it will get here any sooner. My wife thinks I have an issue...I probably do.

It's interesting you got a Vin # on 2/17 (day after confirming) but haven't seen it go into production yet six weeks later.
MiddKid got his delivered already and he ordered 2/10 and confirmed 2/22.

Was yours just an MS85 and not a P85? Or did you select April delivery as your choice?

It's interesting you got a Vin # on 2/17 (day after confirming) but haven't seen it go into production yet six weeks later.

Was yours just an MS85 and not a P85? Or did you select April delivery as your choice?

I think its just how Tesla batches the builds and then shipping to the east coast.

I placed an order in January for my Model S and was given a 3/28 delivery date. I cancelled the order shortly after receiving the VIN in January.

I then placed another order in February for the same exact car in January. I was then contacted by my DS and we scheduled 3/28 as the delivery date. The VIN was different from the first car.

When I placed the order we were set to March as the earliest delivery date. We were going to hold off for a few months and our Tesla contact switched the delivery to November. After a couple days of thinking about it, we decided to just order it and switched to the earliest delivery which was then April. We confirmed a couple days later, and got a VIN the following day.

We originally had grey as a color and it seems like all of the people with grey did or our getting their cars around this time. Maybe we missed the batch of white cars heading eat and had to wait a whole build cycle to get back to our white car.

Color doesn't matter for build.

Maybe they just forgot my VIN.

I was thinking it was a color thing considering grey allowed March as the earliest date and white had April as the earliest.

My VIN is 70 behind ChristopherBeck, we live 30 minutes apart, similar prices and I confirmed a few days after, but I'm getting my car 3+ weeks after him.

They must it's have some sort of batching system, at this point, I'm just happy to only have 3 weeks left!

While the weather has been too horrible to take any good pics outside, I did get a MAJOR kick (it's the little things) Accepting Delivery of my S...right after the walkthrough on the S's browser. Buying a car like no other, in a manner like no other (ordered online), having a dashboard like no other, and finalizing the whole experience like no other on said dashboard. Too cool...

Accept.jpg

I would argue that color is at least somewhat involved. The day I went to pick up my car at the factory, 8 out of 10 of the deliveries were Pearl White. Either I picked a really popular color, or it's correlated.

Couldn't possibly be that they ran short on say, left pearl mirror casings, had to hold pearl cars until they were able to get the part, then immediately build all held cars as soon as the part was available b/c they had promised delivery? I guess that could be considered unintentional correlation, but as far as them saying "we are building 10 pearl cars in a row in assembly, and then shipping 10 pearl cars to New York", that doesn't happen.

I did get a MAJOR kick (it's the little things) Accepting Delivery of my S...right after the walkthrough on the S's browser.
Funny enough, I told the DS that my phone was already logged into My Tesla, so I accepted delivery on my phone. That was cool, too.

DrDave said:
Couldn't possibly be that they ran short on say, left pearl mirror casings, had to hold pearl cars until they were able to get the part, then immediately build all held cars as soon as the part was available b/c they had promised delivery? I guess that could be considered unintentional correlation..

Fair enough, but correlation doesn't care about intention.
:smile:

Last edited:
Ordered 3/25 and the confirmation or cancellation deadline was 4/8 with late May as the earliest selectable delivery window.

However, I then called to discuss purchasing from inventory and will be picking up an S85 with 200 miles on it tomorrow or Monday. VIN 33136. If I recall correctly, it was manufactured in early March, but I don't remember the exact date. (This was before the announcement of titanium shields going in sometime in March). I am now searching for the decode your VIN thread to see if that information is there.