Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Track Package Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there something in the track pack beyond what we know? I'm curious why the car had so much more high-speed stability with the track pack which in this case seems to be just the brakes. This car is using the stock non-track pack Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires, so the track tires weren't a factor.
The firmware update changes suspension settings no just top speed, apparently making it much more stable and neutral. This is something that should be available for all Plaids not just track packages as it is not related to hardware.

Reactions: Tdreamer
Is there something in the track pack beyond what we know? I'm curious why the car had so much more high-speed stability with the track pack which in this case seems to be just the brakes. This car is using the stock non-track pack Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires, so the track tires weren't a factor.
At least part of it is update to the track mode firmware to change the adaptive suspension settings.

Correct. The track pack firmware update does indeed reprogram many things. Suspension. Steering. Abs modulation. Etc.

It’s not just brakes.

Reactions: Tdreamer and krsgio
Here's a screen grab of the enhanced Track Mode change notes.

Screenshot 2023-07-03 at 11.13.33 AM.png

• Helpful
Reactions: MP3Mike
Correct. The track pack firmware update does indeed reprogram many things. Suspension. Steering. Abs modulation. Etc.

It’s not just brakes.
Interesting, thanks. It seems like those should be standard, not having to pay extra to get stability at speed, etc. Anyway, how are you liking it so far? Are the changes noticeable in street driving?

In one of the videos, the driver of the car ran through the software screens and the available options in track mode appeared to be different, so something has changed.

It might also be that in Mishas prior Plaid laps they fiddled with custom track mode settings and probably screwed it up. In this recent Plaid lap they took the default Race preset and didn’t screw it up from that Tesla preset.

Misha has also been a long time Tesla hater. It’s surprising to see him change his tune.

Edit to add : yes I checked his older video, “dangerously unstable,” he had stability assist set at -10. Tesla’s Race Preset that he used in the recent video sets it at 0. See around 5:20 below. I think Misha is just really stupid to have not been more curious about his criticism that the car is unstable and his -10 setting on stability assist. smh. The Sebastian guy on YouTube also driving Tesla track package is much better.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: MP3Mike
So are we going to see pics of the supposed new knuckle?

I’ve got a very aftermarket MPP suspension and am very curious if Tesla will track pack me
From what I have been able to figure out it appears only builds ( approx) 3/22 and prior will require the updated knuckles. The rear knuckles provide the necessary clearance for at least the bigger rotors in the rear not interfering with one of the suspension links. In the front I have gotten a absolute answer but the guess is the updated fronts allow for slightly more negative front camber clearance.

On the updated track mode (not sure what version it began with), the upper right corner will show max speed.
Curious about what firmware version people getting the CCB upgrade have. I'm awaiting my CCB install 7/10 with an as yet unclear delivery date for the front knuckles. I'm on 2023.7.20 (FSD beta 11.4.4) and wonder if the firmware unlock that comes with the CCB install is version independent or might be tied to a newer (or older 😱) non-FSD build. If presented with a choice of FSD or top-end unlock by the service center come install day, there's only one answer of course.

I'm hoping to get a chance to try the CCB's out on July 15th at TeslaCorsa East in Atlanta but admit that's probably a pipe dream at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: MFrunkerOG
Curious about what firmware version people getting the CCB upgrade have. I'm awaiting my CCB install 7/10 with an as yet unclear delivery date for the front knuckles. I'm on 2023.7.20 (FSD beta 11.4.4) and wonder if the firmware unlock that comes with the CCB install is version independent or might be tied to a newer (or older 😱) non-FSD build. If presented with a chance of FSD or top-end unlock by the service center come install day, there's only one answer of course.

I'm hoping to get a chance to try the CCB's out on July 15th at TeslaCorsa East in Atlanta but admit that's probably a pipe dream at this point.
The track pack firmware is independent and doesn’t have any relation at this time to the general vehicle firmware.

• Informative