Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Track Package Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Zero-G wheels look great, are you sticking with the Goodyear Supercar 3R tires for daily use?
I was until it started getting cooler but unfortunately caught a screw in one tire. Im on PS4S in the same track pack size now

Attachments

• IMG_8590.jpeg
    IMG_8590.jpeg
    297.9 KB · Views: 201
My third reschedule (fourth overall) appointment is coming up on the 21st, and I am starting to dread looking at my Tesla app and seeing a service message. While I always hope that the message is “We have all your parts and are looking forward to seeing you on the day of your appointment”, the only thing I have seen so far is blah blah blah reschedule blah blah blah. LOL.

Joe

My third reschedule (fourth overall) appointment is coming up on the 21st, and I am starting to dread looking at my Tesla app and seeing a service message. While I always hope that the message is “We have all your parts and are looking forward to seeing you on the day of your appointment”, the only thing I have seen so far is blah blah blah reschedule blah blah blah. LOL.

Joe
I'm on my third as well. Parts delay. Not likely knuckles (June '23 build), but who knows whether they have their sht together or not.

Checking the Tesla site now, the track pack is out of stock again.

Still don’t have the car back but Thanks to the Tessie app I see they went for a 20mi drive. I attached the telemetry form the app for those interested. Pickup date looks like Friday. I’m assuming the drive was to burnish the brakes. I told the service center and confirmed the drive was on the 21 inch wheels. Still waiting for the zero G Wheels to be mounted.

Attachments

• IMG_1119.png
    IMG_1119.png
    728.2 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_1120.png
    IMG_1120.png
    283.6 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1121.png
    IMG_1121.png
    192.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1122.png
    IMG_1122.png
    209.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1123.png
    IMG_1123.png
    176.5 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: bkcyk
I got pushed back another week, any side profile pics of your car with the Zero G wheels? I would love to see some more photos of them. I haven't seen many, the majority of these tracks packs all kept their arachnids. To me the Zero G wheels are a must, I assume Tesla did a ton of R&D on the wheels and tires before selling them. They look bespoke to Tesla, even though some UP designs are close there is a subtle design difference to the Tesla Zero G wheels that no other design out there seems to replicate exactly. Staying OEM is the way to go, warranty, software etc... Maybe they are not fully forged but they look insanely good on the few pics I have seen. The arachnids just hide the massive CCBS.
One thing we know for sure is that Tesla has tested the zero G wheels to 200mph+

Not sure if we can say that about 3rd party manufacturers.

Side note, I did take my first set of Signatures to 175mph last year at a half mile event with zero issues.

Well the stock 21" Arachnids have seen 200+ mph on the autobahn. Honestly I am less worried about wheels from a reputable company than I am about tires at that speed.

If I had suffered any significant impacts to the wheels, I'd definitely get them checked out before running them at very high speeds. In general I'd have a very good preflight check of everything before I send it to top speed. There is always just a little bit in the back of my mind as to how well Tesla actually built my particular car...

Reactions: narth327
Hi all, owner checking in.

My Goodyear Supercar 3Rs are completely worn at 1/32 tread depth and my package was installed July 10th! Just barely 4 weeks and 1,000 miles on these things. I've ordered PS4S tires to replace them with.

Edit: This is just daily driving, no track use.
Not surprised. About $2/mile. Were they at least fun street miles?

• Funny
Reactions: xEvoLveDx
My August 21st installation date was pushed for the fourth time (five total service appointments) to October 02. I cannot help but wonder why they accepted money for orders that they could not fill for months. I assume Tesla must have a reasonably elaborate procurement process and can accurately predict when parts will be available (they build automobiles after all), but something must be askew when it comes to procuring the Track Package parts.

I think I will be shocked when Tesla keeps my service appointment. Maybe sometime next year? LOL.

Joe

Hi all, owner checking in.

My Goodyear Supercar 3Rs are completely worn at 1/32 tread depth and my package was installed July 10th! Just barely 4 weeks and 1,000 miles on these things. I've ordered PS4S tires to replace them with.

Edit: This is just daily driving, no track use.
does tred depth on semi-slicks translate to what we're used to on normal road tires? (no rhetorical, I'm genuinely asking) Seems like they came with pretty shallow treads. might still be useful to save for the track?

Just got notified my last knuckle arrived at my SC so my original install date for Monday is still a go :)

I think my SC has done a couple track package installs so I'm wondering if mine will take more than a day or so.

Am also interested in recs for 20" replacement tires. Clearly these won't last long between a few track sessions and a few months of driving. Thank God they got installed in the middle of the summer when there's no rain in sight. Seems like there are some decent options on tire rack in the same sizes.
Hello, when my 3R’s are done, I will just put the mich pilot sport 4S on, they have the same tire sizes in 20”. Much more veriety at 20” vs 21”

finally got the car back. Arrived in Tesla to an Empty Service Center, Rockville is not a good location if you wish to speak to anyone. I just took the car and left. I noticed in the service menu the wheel and tire options are 19 tempest or 21 arachnid. Does not look like Tesla has added the track pack wheel and tire yet. Tesla also performed an alignment and left several values in the red. Not sure what that’s about but something to discuss when I take the truck over to get my stock parts. Overall, this experience took well over a month I would rate this 0/10. Would not recommend. My service manager made it very clear that the track packs do not get any sort of special treatment. They took several days to do the alignment and acknowledged that a 10 year old model S will be ahead of you in line. They are in no hurry to help a customer who spent good money on an optional upgrade.

They also said they cannot fix the vibration that happens around 30 mph. They acknowledge it is a problem and have no intentions of sorting it out. I was notified that they will let me know if a fix becomes available in the future.

The service manager acknowledged they were not prepared to do the track pack install. No one at the facility was trained and took their “lead tech” a month to do the install. It was clear that I was the guinea pig for this training experiment. I just wish they had been transparent at the beginning and said let us either get some training or send you to a different service center that is more qualified to perform the install. Tesla really should get their service up to par considering they are selling six-figure cars now. At the end of the day as an enthusiast, I still love the vehicle even more so now with the new brakes. It is a substantial improvement however for the lack of proper service and time it took Tesla to get me my brand new vehicle back I wonder if the lucid or turbo S wouldn’t have been a better choice.

Fingers are crossed these brakes hold up long-term. I am more than happy to provide any additional photos if anyone would like to see close-ups or details.

Attachments

• IMG_1197.jpeg
    IMG_1197.jpeg
    504.5 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1199.jpeg
    IMG_1199.jpeg
    325.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1185.jpeg
    IMG_1185.jpeg
    633.5 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1186.jpeg
    IMG_1186.jpeg
    504 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1203.jpeg
    IMG_1203.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 144
Glad you got it back. WIth my SC I was the first but I think they did a good job. There was very good communication. So far they have worked out great and I hope yours will as well. Hopefully you can look back in a month and say it was worth it.

Reactions: 23Plaid