Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Prototype

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Minto Developments and Tesla Motors Celebrate at The St. Thomas | Urban Toronto

Minto Developments and Tesla Motors Celebrate at The St. Thomas | Urban Toronto

urbantoronto-1214-3466.jpg

Hey, the BuzzBuzzHome company car looks just like mine!

Wait a minute...that license plate looks familiar...:biggrin:

D'oh. It must have just been a dream!! But in all serious, one of the founders of BuzzBuzzHome is thinking about an electric car (currently owns a hybrid). He loves the S-type, but needs a new car sooner than next year.

Any suggestions?

Awesome looking car! Love it in white.

Thanks! :smile:

I'd rent a jalopy until the Model S is ready...anything else available in the current EV market won't come close to a Roadster nor a Model S...a bit of patience now would reap major satisfaction in the long term imo...

D'oh. It must have just been a dream!! But in all serious, one of the founders of BuzzBuzzHome is thinking about an electric car (currently owns a hybrid). He loves the S-type, but needs a new car sooner than next year.

Any suggestions?

Awesome looking car! Love it in white.

That original proof-of-concept demonstration prototype was apparently based off a production car (e.g.:Mercedes) chassis, so the plate could be real, and registered to the original vehicle.
I may be legal to drive it as simply an EV conversion. But the lack of registration stickers perhaps suggests otherwise.

I think we have seen that same car sometimes with manufacturer plates driving on the street. But, yeah, they don't seem to drive it a whole lot. One of a kind probably never to be replaced.
In any case, we have seen evidence that they swap plates on that vehicle from time to time.

Isn't that 'The' prototype? Used to be white, used to be a Merc before it went under the knife? Has a roadster battery and power train welded into a hole underneath, has the VDS in the center arm rest?

I'm fairly sure there'e only one. We could always mount a 'prototype' watch :)
The white one had no drivetrain/interior. It's in a museum now. The grey one had a roadster drivetrain and got repainted red.

Yes, as QWK said.
The White 'roller' was the one that went into the Autodesk design museum.

The Silver/Gray -> Red one has been used to give some selected test rides, but seems more relegated to static display duties now.

With Alphas and soon Betas on the Road, I think its' job is nearly done.