Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reading Lights On with "Ding Ding"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. I didn’t think about until you guys said summon. But today for the first time I tried the smart summon for a short distance before getting in to drive home. And that’s when it happened. Must be tied to that somehow. Won’t matter much to me I can’t see me really using smart Summon often.

(my best guess is they have a timer or something that is supposed to fire when the summon will complete, to unlock the car, extend the handles, turn the lights on, etc. But if you stop the summon "early" and start driving yourself, that timer still fires, the car unlocks, and the lights come on)

Reactions: quickstrike12
I think appleguru is on to something - to be clear- this is not a keyfob issue. This has now happened to me several times and last night it happened when my keyfob was sitting in the tray. I'm not sure I can link all of the occurances to a failed or Premature Interruptus Smart-Summon (PISS) procedure yet. But I cannot rule that out either. Last night's excursion supports the Appleguru hypothesis though: large parking lot, at night, car was Smart-Summoned to me. But car was acting like it was a little buzzed had to PISS for the benefit of others in the parking lot. Then while driving two chimes and dome came lights on.

• Funny
Reactions: appleguru
This is happening to me as well. AP 2.0 Model S, started after V10 update. I had not tried smart summons at all the first time it happened randomly on a surface street. I keep my fob on the console, so definitely not an accidental press. Has anyone contacted Tesla?