Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Mud/Splash Guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine didn't make it through one winter...probably would have fared better had I trimmed off an inch similar to the advice of others.
Yup. Trimming is mandatory for me. 1 inch off and I keep the car on medium height and I occasionally hear them graze things.

One thing that is nice about the not so rugged mount. I was backing up my trailer on my fairly rugged road. I was paying attention to the trailer more than the front end and backed one front wheel against a fairly large rock (massive speed bump). It pinned the flap against the wheel and tried to yank it off. Lucky I stopped in time. But it popped the bottom rivet. Popped in a new rivet and it’s as good as new.

If it was more secure it might have damaged something. But the “fuse” (rivet) let go instead.

I just installed the front rally armor ones and prefer them over the Tesla ones - caveat being it's not a look everyone can agree with. Wish they didn't have the logo but I'll take it over having to replace the push in clips for the oem Tesla flaps (broke 3 times going over speed bumps) and having to worry about scraping. There's just under 4.5" of clearance when set to medium height.

Waiting to install the rear ones because Tesla is replacing my rear air suspension module and I don't want them to complain about non-oem parts.

Attachments

• IMG_0975.jpeg
    IMG_0975.jpeg
    454.1 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0976.jpeg
    IMG_0976.jpeg
    328.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0977.jpeg
    IMG_0977.jpeg
    464.3 KB · Views: 111
Reactions: tpekid88
One of my OEM ones fell off on a road trip from California to Washington recently, after a year being installed on the car. No idea how or where. Stopped at a rest stop and noticed it missing. Clips were also completely gone.

I ended up finding some cheapies on Amazon that so far I like better. They do not scrape the ground and came with front and rears. Molded well to fit the body too. Well see how they last.

I just installed the front rally armor ones and prefer them over the Tesla ones - caveat being it's not a look everyone can agree with. Wish they didn't have the logo but I'll take it over having to replace the push in clips for the oem Tesla flaps (broke 3 times going over speed bumps) and having to worry about scraping. There's just under 4.5" of clearance when set to medium height.

Waiting to install the rear ones because Tesla is replacing my rear air suspension module and I don't want them to complain about non-oem parts.
Those look very similar to the M4H4X flaps that I have on my car. I really like the amount of protection I get around here with a lot of gravel on the roads.

Only broke mine once, but I am speed bump adverse. Think of it this way, the oems one give early warning of impending pack damage by breaking off so easily...
I was more worried about it damaging the trim/body because of the oem ones. Mine broke when on high setting over normal speed bumps, the car would’ve been fine on medium over those speed bumps. The oem ones are just terribly designed

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
I was more worried about it damaging the trim/body because of the oem ones. Mine broke when on high setting over normal speed bumps, the car would’ve been fine on medium over those speed bumps. The oem ones are just terribly designed
You need to trim OEM ones. I trimmed 1” off and car is on medium height and I don’t think twice about speed bumps. I also used better rivets. OEM ones are super weak. Flap has been holding up great.

I think those look great. How long to install?

Reactions: jebinc
You need to trim OEM ones. I trimmed 1” off and car is on medium height and I don’t think twice about speed bumps. I also used better rivets. OEM ones are super weak. Flap has been holding up great.
Mold hard abs plastic still protrudes down which concerns me but glad it’s been working out for you. I think if you have to mod the oem part, it’s flawed and badly designed.