TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S REST API

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by timdorr, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Dan203

Dan203 Active Member

I also have a project that runs on Google Firebase that generates and refreshed tokens that seems to still be working fine. (currently only used for my own car, but I might release as a product eventually)

2. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Just edited the token shortcut without changing anything and it works. Still none of the commands work, vehicle_data returns an error with a proper token for example. I suspect it has something to do with Shortcuts since other tools are working.

3. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

In my testing I mixed up id and vehicle_id so now all seems well again. I think there were two problems, first one fixed just by replacing the client_id and client_secret with the same values and then fixing the problem I created by mixing up which id to use. Sounds like the original problem was some kind of formatting issue with Shortcuts which solved itself with an inconsequential edit.

4. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

I think everyone has made that mistake at least once. ;)

5. dlsspy

dlsspy Member

It looks like Tesla may have firewalled off cloud providers from using their endpoints recently. This is a bit inconvenient for me as it seems to have happened just around the time I got evacuated from my home due to fires, so I'm missing a lot of otherwise useful data that my app would've been recording.

This is what I see when I try to connect from either GCE or AWS:

Code:
    openssl s_client -connect owner-api.teslamotors.com:443
    140495337194752:error:0200206E:system library:connect:Connection timed out:crypto/bio/b_sock2.c:110:
    140495337194752:error:2008A067:BIO routines:BIO_connect:connect error:crypto/bio/b_sock2.c:111:
    connect:errno=110

(i.e., they just don't ever establish a connection)

It'd be really nice if they could just tell us specific rules we could play by to access data from our cars. My app attempts to be fairly gentle while letting me plot details on my driving, charging, temperatures, etc...

6. Gol4

Gol4 Member

I see that with my app too, and echo your sentiments. API requests form AWS fail but they do work from other networks.

• Informative x 1
  7. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

#2807 HankLloydRight, Sep 14, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    Does the API update the location when the car is being transported, or only when the car is "on"?

I'm having my car shipped 700 miles, but I don't see it tracking in real time. :(

edit: I'm pretty sure it doesn't, because it's not. The driver has to pick up a McLaren next and move my car, so I suspect I'll get a location reading at that time.

8. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Wakeup seems to have stopped working via the API for me recently (last month). :(

(In case it matters, Model 3.)

9. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Actually, not sure about that.

It's actually failing earlier in my sequence.

Is this URL no longer valid?
    Code:
    https://owner-api.teslamotors.com/api/1/vehicles

10. Missile Toad

Missile Toad Member

Code:
    https://owner-api.teslamotors.com/api/1/vehicles
    is now back up and running from AWS, as of this morning (wasn't last night).