TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S REST API

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by timdorr, Feb 2, 2013.

1. markb1

markb1 Active Member

Do you mean that you were already authenticated into the REST API, and enabling 2FA did not kick you out?

I would expect, if you need to re-authenticate, you'll have to figure out 2FA. But perhaps renewal will keep working as it did before. But that's just a guess.

2. Florian500

Florian500 Member

Did anybody figure out how to fix the "blind spot" (no API requests for x minutes) so that the car can fall asleep?

3. goRt

goRt Member

There are 2 separate APIs (and 2 calls to one) - the rest API doesn't wake the car or keep it awake, calling the original API correctly doesn't wake the car or keep it awake.

4. Gol4

Gol4 Member

I'm not sure about the first part of the question. It might have invalidated old tokens when I turned on 2FA. I just assumed the old token had expired and got new one.

Asking for a new token doesn't seem to trigger 2FA though.