Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S REST API

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
looks like these are the new vehicle commands for valet mode

/vehicles/{id}/command/reset_valet_pin
/vehicles/{id}/command/set_valet_mode
{
"on": boolean
"password", string
}

I haven't tested them yet.

Also calls to /vehicles/{id}/data_request/vehicle_state now returns valet mode info:

{
valet_mode: boolean,
valet_pin_needed: boolean
}

thanks buddy. I'll give it a try when I get home from physical therapy. And valet_mode and valet_pin_needed have been around for a while now.

I guess it is not strictly 'api', but has anyone looked at the android app comms to see where the data is being pulled from for the referral contest?

Answering my own post, it turned out not to be hard.

URL for local is: hxxp://www.teslamotors.com/content/<KEY>?token=<TOKEN>&lat=<LATITUDE>&long=<LONGITUDE>&is_android&is_global=0

Interestingly, changing the latitude and longitude to points in the three EU, NA, AP regions, yields the three local scoreboards. Output is pure HTML.

Ok. So I just verified that in some cases the vehicle id ("id") and the new id that was just added ("id_s") are different values.
One of the users of evmote has the following result from /vehicles:

"id": 51877202632751120,
"id_s": "51877202632751124",

I'm starting to think _s actually stands for something. Static? Streaming?

There is no know issue getting the power, speed and other data from the streaming api.

I use teslalog.com and have all that available in realtime.

P85 - 352kW - 472hp - trip8467.png

There is no know issue getting the power, speed and other data from the streaming api.

I use teslalog.com and have all that available in realtime.

View attachment 91957

Nifty. I'm trying to login with my tesla id and password but it just says "invalid account"

Doh! I think they mean Tesla Log account not My Tesla account.

Edit: OK, tried my forum login for teslalogs and that didn't work either.

Last edited: