Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S REST API

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, let me rephrase the suggestion.

I think it's worth starting a wiki to consolidate the "current state" of things, like your post on the languages started to do.

If you think there's a worthwhile section (such as "non-programmers should look here first") then add the section and leave it empty save a comment like "<This section needs attention by a volunteer.>". Crowd-sourcing from there will hopefully address that. :)

Done. Well, started but far from done.

REST API Tools and Apps Wiki

The Apiary stuff is cool for the REST(ish) API. Is there similar documentation on the streaming API?

No, but what do you want to know?

It's a single URL with a bunch of optional values that return a CSV list of responses.

A single http poll on the URL will either timeout after 120 seconds with a single response (when the car is idle) or continuously push 4 updates a second (while driving). Either way you need to poll again every 120 seconds.

You first need to get a token from the REST API call to /vehicles in order to call the streaming URL.

I have received data all day. My visualization tools show all of my driving this afternoon
I haven't gotten any REST data since ~ 9:30AM PT today.

Hm, this is a new error for me:
You do not have access.

Maybe my login got ninja'd.

Update: None, login works fine but....

There was an error loading your vehicle profile. Please contact customer service.

I haven't gotten any REST data since ~ 9:30AM PT today.

Hm, this is a new error for me:

Maybe my login got ninja'd.

Update: None, login works fine but....

"There was an error loading your vehicle profile. Please contact customer service."

I get the same error, even when I just login to the Tesla web site and go to "My Tesla".

Mobile app still works because the cookie is cached in the mobile app.

Streaming data is still coming in so my existing cookie is allowing me to get new streaming tokens every 30 minutes.

My guess is that one of their systems is down and it's only affecting new logins attempting to get vehicle profile data