Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it has to do with hardness and getting old. I get a little stiff/sore now driving for a few hours in the BMW and I don't have this problem in rental cars. The difference is my typical rental car has softer seats. The Model S has seats like my BMW. Nice and supportive but fairly firm. I probably need to start adjusting the seats some during longer trips.

I believe there are two or three sources for long distance driving pain:

1. If the seat doesn't breath, then the moisture build up can cause irritation. (This is what I was getting at with the leather.)

2. If you don't move your position regularly, you can get some pain from holding a position for too long. (This is easy to do if you are concentrating on driving in moderate to heavy traffic.)

3. Some people are more sensitive to seating positions than others. (lumbar support, seat length compared to leg length, etc.)

Don't forget they where in the car for 5+ hours. I get tired of sitting in any car after 2+ hours.

Don't forget they where in the car for 5+ hours. I get tired of sitting in any car after 2+ hours.

A couple of weeks ago I was in the Prius for fourteen hours with only a couple of five minute comfort breaks, then a few hours of visiting and then another fourteen hours back (and I repeated the process a week later). No pain. Five hours should really never be a problem--especially with electric seats where you can easily adjust the positions.

Of course, this might have more to do with how padded you are, rather than how padded the seats are.:smile: