Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S sightings in Ontario

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My "birdfeeder" has attracted a brand new and beautiful black P85...

IMG_1778.JPG

I saw a red model S (no sun roof) in the parking lot of the Canadian Tire on Ogilvie Road in Ottawa at the end of May. It was there for a couple of days so it must have been in for some work. Otherwise no sightings (apart from the white one I took for a test drive last Thursday, and the blue and green ones in the Yorkdale parking lot, but those don't count).

Just back from a long weekend gateway to Toronto with my Model S (1200 km. No drama.).

Managed to see two Model S the same night while in Toronto :

1) Came across a dark colored one at Vaughan Mills shops, north off Toronto, saturday night.
The driver was alone and on the phone, so he didn't noticed me even though I was frantically flashing my lights.
2) Came across another one on the way back to downtown, I think on Davenport.
3) Drove by an brand new one, on the truck, on the 401 tonight as we were returning to Montreal. (photo upcoming)

If you recognize yourself, considered yourself greeted...

Store manager's car? Maybe he works nearby and is using the Canadian Tire parking lot for free parking LOL.

My Model S could have been spotted on occasion in several different Canadian Tire parking lots, including Carling, Hunt Club, and Barrhaven... but I certainly don't go there daily!

Was sitting at the local Starbucks enjoying a drink, with my Model S parked outside, when I saw this emerge from the drive-through. Wasn't fast enough to get a good picture... had Ontario VE plates.

Either "F" has changed to green plates since I last saw his car, or maybe this is a different one.

IMG_1878.JPG

Well, I still have yet to see another Model S "in the wild" other than at the usual gathering places (Yorkdale Mall, Toronto Service Center and EV club meetings). I did meet another owner from my town at the last GHEVA meeting, but have not seen him on the streets. And I'm a pretty observant guy too. I'll often see friends driving around who don't see me and are surprised I've "spotted" them out and about.

Friends and work associates often come up to me and tell me they've seen one here or there. Apparently, it is not unusual to see one plugged in at the Toronto Airport valet parking. A work associate sent me this picture from Cambridge at his son's ball game last night. I think the license says "GAS SUX"

IMG-20130704-00335.jpg

Oddly enough my passengers spot other Model S's far more often than I do, and those are always in the oncoming lane. While driving you don't usually pay much attention to vehicles that are on the other side of the median, since they're not nearly as much of a threat as the ones on your side, but many more cars pass you in the oncoming direction.

Spotted near Yor

I've had my Blue plugged in at Stone Road Mall on more than one occasion...

Not sure if it was you nknox but I spotted a blue model S turning right onto Charles St from Bay St today around 6:05pm.

The driver had a resemblance to your avatar. Wore Same type of glasses.

Made my day admiring that beautiful car. Thinking very hard about getting the Model S. The wait for the Model X isso hard.