Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S sightings in Ontario

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw a white Model S driving Northbound on Merivale Road in Ottawa. He was sitting at a light and I turned left in my Sig Red right in front of him. Lowered my window and waved at him, but he just stared straight ahead without noticing. Oh well. Didn't recognize the driver so I don't believe I've seen this car before.

Maybe I don't get out enough.. :confused: Since possession in March, I've only seen 6. 2 of which were right near my place in Kanata south strangely enough.

They can be a little harder to spot than you might think. Although it's an attractive car it doesn't stand out in the way a Roadster does. From a distance it's just another sedan, unless you happen to notice the DRLs. And of course many Audis have somewhat similar DRLs.

Most of the vehicles you come across while driving are of course going in the opposite direction. As a driver I'm usually not looking very closely at vehicles on the other side of the median, since they're not as much of a threat as the cars driving alongside me, which are a lot closer. So I've often had passengers point out oncoming Teslas to me. I can only imagine how many I've driven past without noticing!

Waiting is definitely the hard part.

You've got it easy, though... I had to wait 25 months for mine.

Yes and no - I've been hoping/planning to get a Model S ever since I heard Tesla would be building a sedan. But it's probably harder when you have reserved than when it's just a dream. When I bought TSLA shares in 2011, I was telling people my plan was to buy the car when the stock went up enough. There's one friend I said that to back then who doesn't know I'm buying the car. I'm going to just show up with it and surprise him.

Passed by a blue Model S with "green" plates on the 401 westbound near Hwy 6 at around 8:10 this morning. I tried to get a glimpse of the driver, but the windows were heavily tinted. I had the cruise set at 75 MPH (120 km/h) and he/she was going considerably faster...

Saw a white Model S the other day charging at the Pioneer gas bar on Mainway in Burlington. I go by this many times per week and didn't realize there is a new charger there! Saw a black one at my kids school yesterday, last week a grey one, silver one, another white one, a Blue 60 coming up our street on Sunday, another grey a few weeks back. I don't feel special anymore:biggrin:.

I know there are quite a few in Ottawa but I haven't seen one for months (other than yours, Doug) so maybe I'll get to feel special for a while.

The last two i saw were a white one in Washington DC and a silver one in Toronto, both around the end of September.

Saw a Blue Model S going the other way on Can-Amera at Franklin in Cambridge today at around 1:30 PM. Looked like a woman driving, but she didn't seem to notice me. (and please, I realize I've set myself up re: women not noticing me :smile:)

So today at around 4:45 PM I followed a black S85 with Green Ontario plates from about Cambridge to Mississauga. (It was dark, so it may have been blue, but I believe I saw the "85" badge on the back same as mine). The car had tinted windows and replacement license plate lights that were a kind of purplish/blue color. Just before Mississauga, he moved over and when I passed he rolled down the window and gave me a big wave!

I like this thread. And while I'll be the only Model S in my small town, I'm looking forward to seeing, and being seen, on the roads in and around the GTA while I'm back and forth to Sick Kids' with my son. Since I started reading this thread, I've kept my eyes open. Saw a red Model S in Kingston soon after reading through here!