Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Sneak Peek: Alpha Drives

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The sound is just terrific. I hope the final product sounds that smooth and quiet.

I for one like the black. I think these are missing the accents, giving them an almost overwhelmingly black appearance. But I do hope there is a wide spectrum of colors to choose from.

One bit I noticed: in the last scene, the in-motion car has the larger more traditional Model S wheels while the two parked cars have the smaller wheels that we only started seeing with the Alphas.

The test track only has left curves. I hope that won't show in the final product... ;)

Not sure if its mostly the black color without accents, but in this video the design strikes me more than ever as convincingly compact and coherent.

Photo of the center dash screen. Test screen or...?

Alpha Screen.jpg

In the video I see the car's right headlight slowly flashing (not the orange turn signal, duh) It could be that the headlight is just vibrating or bouncing so it appears to flicker but if its an LED it could also be strobing out of phase with the video frame rate.
Sorry, I missed this. At 0:28 in the video, the apparent brightness of the headlight changes because its angle wrt the camera is changing due to variation in the road surface.

Not just speculated...Tesla announced $10k increases for each battery upgrade in their newsletter several months ago.

"The price of the US base Model S with a 160-mile battery is $49,900 after the $7,500 federal tax credit. The 230-mile range option is expected to price at about $10,000 more and the 300-mile option at about $20,000 more than the base."

pulled from blog post by George Blankenship here A Quick Update on Model S | Blog | Tesla Motors